Henry .410 Lever Action comming

Henry's new shotguns
jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Henry .410 Lever Action comming

Post by jstanfield103 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:05 am

Guy's/Gal's

I have not been on this site for quite some time. I mainly shoot lever action rifles and most of those are 22's. I really like Henry rifles but not as much in 22's. In the 22's I prefer the Browning BL-22 and SA-22, Marlin 39A Mountie, Winchester 9422. So I have not had a Henry for the last several years. I have wanted a lever action shotgun to add to my meager lever action collection.

Asked my LGS to order me one when they first came out but they were so hard to get that when he finally got one in I was short on cash at the time. He said that he had a long list so it was no problem. I went in yesterday to have him order me another one. Figured it would take a couple weeks to get it in, but would be available by now and easier to get one. Well when I walked in and asked him to order me one, to my surprise he had one in stock. I will have the money to pay for it on the 8th of this month. So I asked him to set it back for me, he did with no problem and was glad to do it for me. He is a good LGS owner and really a pretty good friend. So he set it back and on the 8th of November I will pick it up, can't wait. It will be awesome to have one finally. Nice gun. Just Stoked !
2 x
Aim Small, Miss Small

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Henry .410 Lever Action comming

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:33 am

Hope you return when you get your new 410 and add it to our running total. Let us know how you like it when you get it to.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:53 am

congratulations indeed .... looking forward to your coming range and use reports as you become more and more familiar with your new 410 .... please be sure to add it to our community's total in our How Many ? thread (link below)

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 86#p111486
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:55 am

I would like to know your thoughts on it after you have it and get a few rounds through it.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:46 am

Me too.
I would like to know your thoughts on it after you have it and get a few rounds through it.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by jstanfield103 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:43 pm

Guy's
Thanks for all the comments. Really looking forward to getting it on the 8th. I will probably get to take it out to my range that Friday afternoon. Range report to follow.
1 x
Aim Small, Miss Small

jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by jstanfield103 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:20 am

The one the LGS is holding for me is the exact one that I was wanting also. It is the one with the shorter barrel and rifle sights. Like a deer slugger barrel. Very happy about that also.
2 x
Aim Small, Miss Small

jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by jstanfield103 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:20 am

Well guy's/Gal's

Got my .410 Lever gun today 11-8-2019. Feels great and looks great. Very nice shotgun. I did not have a chance to get it to the range today but I will tomorrow. Had to find ammo for it. Walmart only carried one brand (Winchester) and one style of that ammo. Cabelas also only had about two brands and none of it was self defense ammo. I had to order most the ammo today off the internet. But did buy three boxes of target/hunting ammo. Waiting for the slugs and 000 buckshot I ordered today.

First thing I did after shouldering the shotgun was get on the internet and order a buttplate for it to replace the buttpad that comes on the rifle. That buttpad gives it way to much LOP and grabs your clothes when shouldering the gun. I will replace the pad with the plate and reduce the LOP approx. one inch.
0 x
Aim Small, Miss Small

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:25 am

Congrats, Looking forward to hearing more about it!
jstanfield103 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:20 am
Well guy's/Gal's

Got my .410 Lever gun today 11-8-2019. Feels great and looks great. Very nice shotgun. I did not have a chance to get it to the range today but I will tomorrow. Had to find ammo for it. Walmart only carried one brand (Winchester) and one style of that ammo. Cabelas also only had about two brands and none of it was self defense ammo. I had to order most the ammo today off the internet. But did buy three boxes of target/hunting ammo. Waiting for the slugs and 000 buckshot I ordered today.

First thing I did after shouldering the shotgun was get on the internet and order a buttplate for it to replace the buttpad that comes on the rifle. That buttpad gives it way to much LOP and grabs your clothes when shouldering the gun. I will replace the pad with the plate and reduce the LOP approx. one inch.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by jstanfield103 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:56 am

Ok Guy's/Gal's

Got plenty of ammo and getting my gun to fit me better. I am only 5' 5" tall so my LOP is between 12" to 13", the Henry's come with a 14" LOP. I can shoot it but I feel like I have a tree that I am holding onto. So I ordered a plastic butt plate to replace the 1" foam shoulder pad. I then also cut 1" off the Butt of the stock. I hate doing this because it is very hard to match the finish of the stock when sanding the butt plate and stock to match flush to each other.

Butt started the process of finishing and matching the butt plate and stock last night. My Henry .410 Lever now has a 12" LOP. It fits very good now. Feels comfortable now when shouldered. The finish match is not perfect, and I might end up stripping the complete stock and refinishing it with a wax finish. Have not decided as of yet. But happy with the feel of the rifle now.

I hate buying a rifles because I always have to cut them down to a 12" to 13" LOP. It is such a pain. But done now. Pictures to come.
1 x
Aim Small, Miss Small