Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

favorite plug

tell us about the have to have lure etc
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

favorite plug

Post by JEBar » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:46 pm

having wasted more money than I care to think about, since the late 50's, on the latest and greatest fresh water fish catching wonders of the ages, I have tackle boxes full of plugs, jigs, spinners, spinner baits, plastics, and such .... when it comes time to go fishing for bass or walleye with crank baits, I inevitably leave most behind and fall back on Rapala's Shad Rap .... http://rapala.fishing/products/shad-rap .... while I have all of the sizes available, for the most part I use the SR07 which is 2.75" long .... fully realizing that there are many very good brands on the market, Shad Rap's work for me
1 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: favorite plug

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:33 am

My wife and I have caught more fish on Shad Raps than most all of our other lures combined. In the spring the small shad rap #5 was the best and as the water warmed up and the bait fish in Deep Creek Lake in W.Maryland got bigger we just moved up the size scale on Shad Raps. We even caught the huge blue gills and jumbo Perch Deep Creek is known for trolling up to #7 Shad Raps. In the fall we caught our bigger Walleyes on #9. The only other lure that even came close were Storm's Hot N' Tot but were still a distant second to Shad Raps. I could fish Deep Creek and have nothing in my box but Shad Raps and usually have as many fish as I cared to clean at the end of the day.
1 x

Hunter5567
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Hunter5567 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:22 am

I've caught most everything with Beetle Spin lures. From Bass, Bream, White Perch, Catfish, to Gar fish. Gold spinner baits for Speckled Trout, Black Drum, Flounder, and Redfish. Mostly use shrimp as bait for those salt water species. All this down south in Louisiana. Gold spoons for those as well as trout in Colorado.
0 x

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:26 pm

I don't use plugs much anymore as I mainly fish rivers.

I had a fellow at a boat ramp one day tell me, "I've got over $3,000 in that tackle box and all I use are these dang 50 cent rubber grubs!"

Ain't it the truth! :lol:
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

JCN
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by JCN » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Agreed, I always used the firetiger or silver color in the lakes I fished in Western Pennsylvania.

Liked the top water style 'chug bug' as well.
0 x
Henry Big Boy Steel .357 mag