Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Caldwell® Ballistic Precision Sight in Target Camera

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Caldwell® Ballistic Precision Sight in Target Camera

Post by JEBar » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:34 pm

good suggestion ..... no, no, an excellent suggestion .. :D
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:32 am

after a fairly long conversation with an excellent customer service rep for Caldwell, we ordered one of their "Ballistic Precision Sight in Target Cameras" .... as folks who have looked at them know, they have two versions .... the "Sight in" version is good for up to 400 yards .... the more expensive "LR" version is good for up to a mile .... the Sight In version has a single stand that is placed near the target and sends a single to some sort of smart phone or tablet located where you are shooting from .... the LR version has a second stand that has to be placed beside where you are shooting from .... that second stand must be setup no matter how far you are shooting .... the number of over 400 yard practice/range shots I've taken is all but zero and not having to transport, setup, and take down a second piece of equipment is a plus for me .... hence, for our use the Sight In system better fits our needs .... we are having it shipped to one of our sons back in NC, hopefully he'll have it ready to go by the time we get back home
1 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:40 pm

Blokhjc1ReiJdfDcBEfyfA.jpg
Blokhjc1ReiJdfDcBEfyfA.jpg (207.87 KiB) Viewed 5248 times
Been using this Leupold 45X60 scope for maybe 4 years now and it works well for me. I don't shoot over 200 yards so this is sufficient for my needs. I am pretty sure I paid more than the $175 sale price for the camera but I just use the tripod next to my bench so I don't have to get up to look and have no batteries. I can go back and forth from 50 to 100 to 200 without having to wander down range again and the clarity is very good.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:46 pm

I can't remember the brand of my spotting scope, but I bought it for PPC two decades ago, and have been using it ever since. The wife spotted for me during matches, and she could see the 38 rounds hit at 50 yards. I used it for rifle at 100 yards a few times and could see 223 clearly. Still going strong after all these years. Next time out at the range house, I'll take a peek. May have ordered it from Brownells. These days, I leave it set up on the tripod, just put the lens covers back on after I'm done and tuck it just inside the door of the range house and lock things up. One less thing to transport back and forth, and the scope is acclimated to the outdoor temps, so the lenses don't fog. ;)
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:45 pm

Ernie wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:40 pm
Been using this Leupold 45X60 scope for maybe 4 years now and it works well for me.
Leupold most certainly produces some fine optics ....
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:48 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:46 pm
These days, I leave it set up on the tripod, just put the lens covers back on after I'm done and tuck it just inside the door of the range house and lock things up. One less thing to transport back and forth, and the scope is acclimated to the outdoor temps, so the lenses don't fog. ;)

excellent way of storing your scope .... concern for the amount of gear one has to move is well understood
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:36 am

NOTE : sale link above is no longer active .... replaced with this link ===> https://www.caldwellshooting.com/tar...a/1099107.html
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:05 am

to use this camera system one is required to download an app onto to a smart phone or Ipad type device .... my flip phone doesn't qualify .. :roll: .. took a chance and tried my wife's Kindle Fire .... amazingly, it worked .. 8-) .. we had no clue you could do such a thing .... now looking forward even more to getting home and working with the camera .. :D
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:21 am

The Kindle operating system is just a highly user interface modified version of Android.
JEBar wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:05 am
to use this camera system one is required to download an app onto to a smart phone or Ipad type device .... my flip phone doesn't qualify .. :roll: .. took a chance and tried my wife's Kindle Fire .... amazingly, it worked .. 8-) .. we had no clue you could do such a thing .... now looking forward even more to getting home and working with the camera .. :D
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:33 am

Mags wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:21 am
The Kindle operating system is just a highly user interface modified version of Android.

good to know and makes sense .... Caldwell's literature says you need something Iphone or Android compatible ....
0 x