Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

International Benchrest Shooters

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

International Benchrest Shooters

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:10 pm

I think I should be using these targets for when I benchrest shoot. The offhand targets I use makes my shooting better than it really is. If I’m correct the lower right target gives you three sight-in shots and then you shoot one round per target. The reason would be differences of just a couple thousands of an inch would be measurable. But I’m just guessing as I’ve never used them before.
Attachments
1a.jpg
1a.jpg (136.29 KiB) Viewed 4479 times
40BA666E-EC0B-454D-879A-8071D1B0DA2F.jpeg
40BA666E-EC0B-454D-879A-8071D1B0DA2F.jpeg (210.86 KiB) Viewed 4482 times
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: International Benchrest Shooters

Post by Cofisher » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:23 pm

Interesting. I have not approached that level yet. Still working with new loads to find what my rifle likes. Looking forward to your results.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Makes me wonder what kind of Bench Rests competitors use in International Bench Rest Shooters competitions...and what kind of rifles.

I'm guessing there aren't many lever actions to be seen at those matches, as much as we like 'em!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:53 pm

In Bench Rest you can shoot for points, group size or both.
Our club has a military and precision rifle short range match for points usually out to 50 yards, and a long range match for groups out to 600 yards.

Short range rifles, Enfields, Mausers and and the like and then tricked out and custom 22s.

I used my Savage mark 'll and shot a 290 9x out of 300.
Bech rest used from a Rock to higher end stuff.

Long range is custom benchrest rifles are the norm. They encourage anyone with an accurate rifle to come out.
I wouldn't fell odd bringing my Finnwolf.

Some of the benchrest for long range are custom made.
Last edited by Ojaileveraction on Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Pax at Justitia

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:09 pm

Ojaileveraction wrote:In Bench Rest you can shoot for points, group size or both.
Our club has a short range match for points usually out to 50 yards, and a long range match for groups out to 600 yards.
Please tell us more.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:24 pm

Remember this from last July. Better have a lot of money to get into building a competitive out fit for this game. Also have to be an extremely good shooter. These guys know how to play the game. Even in rim fire bench rest these guys don't play around. They are there to win. Benchrest shooting can be fun with the club shoots that some clubs offer but it can be an expensive game if you get serious with it. The stock rifle competition shooting in the sporter class would be the best game for most of us and be more affordable. The CZ bolts and the Savages hold their own in the stock sporter class against rifles that are way more expensive. Scroll down through this and it shows his choice of front and rear rests for the long range bench shooting.
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/201 ... 000-yards/
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:52 pm

I do like those targets with white centers for shooting with a scope much better than an all black bullseye. Might have to find some.
2 x