Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Good website for grips

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Good website for grips

Post by Henry88 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:55 pm

Hey Guys,

Ran across this over at RFC in the Browning Buckmark forum.

Anyway, I've never used this company so I can't vouch, but they have some cool grips at more than reasonable prices.

They have grips for the S&W Victory, Rugers, and of course Buckmarks (UFX only). They also have some nice stocks, again at good prices.

If anybody has dealt with them, let us know......

Good Luck,

H88

https://www.altamontco.com/
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Good website for grips

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:20 pm

Been buying grips form them for a long time and have good luck with their products. Not custom grips, by any means, but good buys for the money. They use processed, compressed wood technology, so the grips aren't a pure walnut, or rosewood and so on, but you couldn't tell by looking at them and they're very durable, even more durable than the pure wood versions. Have bought grips for Rugers, Smiths and some of our 1911s. Good selection. I believe they also make grips for some of the gun makers like Ruger and so on.
1 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:49 pm

Thanks for replying NCG, and yeah I was pretty sure they were on the level, but until I've personally dealt with them, I can't vouch.

I thought their prices were fairly amazing, though I don't know about shipping. At those prices though, one could be tempted to order a couple, what the heck. some of them were as low as $30. All that other info about the compressed wood and so forth is really interesting.

Interesting that it is still hard to find HDX and URX grips for the Buckmark.

BTW, I have decided on the Buckmark Camper UFX. It's only $20 more than the URX and has a slightly larger frame, if I'me I'm using the proper term. In anycase, there a a lot more options available, and I think it has a different slide (grip) that looks like it would be easier to grab. But as you know, that can all be changed, all except the grip (UFX).

Thanks for replying,

(BTW i should be a PHD on my research of the Victory vs Buckmark. I'm in the middle of a 75 page thread on RFC.

Honestly it seems a toss up so far, as far as I can tell. Perhaps the Victory on function and buckmark on looks, and a lot of people mention the preference in grips being the decision maker, as it was for me. Though also, I do want a Browning (even if it isn't you Dad's browning :lol: )
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Interesting about the Buckmark. Oddly, enough, it's one of the very few common 22 autos I've never owned or shot, despite it's always having had a solid rep, probably because I shot the Ruger Mark, all these years. The Rugers are gone, now, for various reasons, so I'm shooting the Victory as my main 22 semi pistol. Might have to give the Browning a try, sometime.
0 x

steelersfan97
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by steelersfan97 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:14 pm

I have their grips on my Ruger Blackhawk 45 Colt/45 acp. They make good stuff.

Shoutout to NCG for mentioning them on this forum a while back.
0 x
H006M, H015-223