Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Range Fees

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Range Fees

Post by Henry88 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:43 pm

I shoot mostly rimfire and airguns in the yard. When I do go to the range to shoot the centerfires or WMR it's Ocala which is free.

The county range is closer, busier, and MUCH more strict (controlled) is $10 a day for as many guns as long as you like.

Would love to join a private range, but it would have to be the right one.
0 x

DAVIDF
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by DAVIDF » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:00 pm

Henry88 wrote:I shoot mostly rimfire and airguns in the yard. When I do go to the range to shoot the centerfires or WMR it's Ocala which is free.

The county range is closer, busier, and MUCH more strict (controlled) is $10 a day for as many guns as long as you like.

Do you ever go to Titusville Rifle and Pistol Club (http://titusvillegun.org/code/Home.aspx)? I go there and have a membership. Annual membership is $100, or $10 per day. Women, LEO's, and active military shoot for free. I really like the range and the range safety officers tend to be very friendly. They have a 100/200/300 yard rifle range as well as a couple of other rifle ranges, and various pistol ranges. You can bring your own steel and they also have steel plates on a couple of pistol ranges as well as ones on the 100/200/300 yard range.
1 x
Made by Henry, Or Not Made At All

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:36 am

DAVIDF wrote:
Henry88 wrote:I shoot mostly rimfire and airguns in the yard. When I do go to the range to shoot the centerfires or WMR it's Ocala which is free.

Do you ever go to Titusville Rifle and Pistol Club (http://titusvillegun.org/code/Home.aspx)? I go there and have a membership. Annual membership is $100, or $10 per day. Women, LEO's, and active military shoot for free. I really like the range and the range safety officers tend to be very friendly. They have a 100/200/300 yard rifle range as well as a couple of other rifle ranges, and various pistol ranges. You can bring your own steel and they also have steel plates on a couple of pistol ranges as well as ones on the 100/200/300 yard range.
Thanks Dave, I didn't know about that range.

I guess I have searched for Volusia and Seminole counties, but didn't consider Brevard though I'm not that far away.

It's been a long time since I've been to a 300 yd range. That would be a lot of fun.................
0 x

DAVIDF
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by DAVIDF » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:17 am

Henry88 wrote:
DAVIDF wrote:

Thanks Dave, I didn't know about that range.

I guess I have searched for Volusia and Seminole counties, but didn't consider Brevard though I'm not that far away.

It's been a long time since I've been to a 300 yd range. That would be a lot of fun.................
If you want to join me some time, PM me and I will give you my phone number. Most of the ranges are closed to the public but if you are with me, we can use all of them. First Saturday of each month and on Wednesday they are open all day and all of the ranges are open. A lot of time I can get an entire pistol/pistol caliber carbine range to myself if I go later or early.
0 x
Made by Henry, Or Not Made At All

Mr Bill
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Mr Bill » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:13 pm

We pay about $160 plus NRA membership, a rebate of $10 per hr. (up to 8 hrs.) if you put in time.
We have a 25yd indoor range for pistols and .22 rifle. No shoguns or blackpowder firearms indoors.
Trap and sporting clays. 25yd., 50yd., 100yd., 200 yd. outdoor ranges w/shooting area under cover.
25yd. informal plinking range. 50yd airgun range. 100yd archery range and 3d archery in the woods.
I'm fortunate to belong to such a grand club.
1 x

csgrv
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by csgrv » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:18 am

I am paying $55 a year for a family membership for myself and my wife. Guests are a $3 a day fee on the honor system.
Only members get an access key to the front gate.
0 x
Long Ranger .308
H001Y .22lr
H003T .22lr
Whitworth .270
1991A1 .45
J-Frame .38
S&W .32 Hand Ejector

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:18 am

I've not yet found any range in the KCMO area, which either provides or allows users to shoot at their own steel plates. That's very cool. 8-) And the annual rate is also reasonable for what services you've described.
DAVIDF wrote: Do you ever go to Titusville Rifle and Pistol Club (http://titusvillegun.org/code/Home.aspx)? I go there and have a membership. Annual membership is $100, or $10 per day. Women, LEO's, and active military shoot for free. I really like the range and the range safety officers tend to be very friendly. They have a 100/200/300 yard rifle range as well as a couple of other rifle ranges, and various pistol ranges. You can bring your own steel and they also have steel plates on a couple of pistol ranges as well as ones on the 100/200/300 yard range.
0 x

~Пока~

Flinch
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Flinch » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:52 am

Does the county range have a monitor or Range Safety Officer? The unstaffed ranges were scary when I was in Florida.

Once I can get the wife retired, she wants to move to the Ocala area. Know any decent gun clubs in that area?
0 x
Be thankful we are not getting all the government we are paying for. - Will Rogers

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:58 pm

Two Ranges in Wake County that I use. One costs me $10.00/hr on Senior Day plus membership fee of $10.00 per year. Indoor range, 25 yrds. Cafe/Grill on site. The other one is run by Wake County. Indoor ranges from 25 yrds to 100 yrds. 12.00 /hr plus one time fee of $15.00. Limited use as it used by LEO's for training and qualification. Both have fully staff RO all the time. Of course, my favorite range is over at JEBar's sons back yard and Glen' s (a friend of ours) backyard. Both free and the companionship can't be beat.
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:18 pm

PT7 and I have posted a few times about a facility called Frontier Justice ("F-J"), and they actually have two locations (one of which is about 2 miles from my house). All indoors, with 3 rifle bays @ 50 yds and a couple dozen 25 yd pistol/rifle bays as well. No shotgun patterning allowed.
Membership for individuals is $299 per year, and I've been a member off and on since they opened a few years ago. I'm going to go month-to-month (@ $29/month, which is still good for me) and branch out to the Mo Dept of Conservation ("MDC") range, which is about 15 mins away. Outdoors, 100 yds, shotgun patterning, trap/skeet, archery, etc.
AND, as noted earlier in this thread, $3/hour, which is hard to beat. No memberships, just pay as you go. Gotta get outside this year!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357