Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Range Fees

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Range Fees

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:48 am

I guess I have it better than I thought even if our two club ranges are back woods ranges. We only have out to a 100 yds. but have several nice benches at each site. One also has a stand up and shoot bench that is really easy to shoot from plus two sit down benches. They have about 1 1/2" thick tops and steel legs concreted in and roofs over them. They are primitive compared to the fancy public ranges but I only pay $20/year and have a huge amount of hunting ground the club has leases on to hunt and ride my 4-wheeler plus a very nice picnic for all members every Sept. I now pay nothing after turning 65 years old.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:52 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:My range is right on the farm a short distance from the side porch. I built it right after we bought the property and I got a good start on the berm from the folks who cleared the center of the acreage, when they pushed all the brush and dirt into one large pile at the edge of the two acre clearing. Then the state had to daylight the "Dead Man's Curve," and had no funds to buy more road frontage. I told them to "Daylight" away, but haul all the soil they removed back to my range and dump it. We used it to build up the berm, re-slope the back yard, and get the proper runoff away from the front of the house. They moved 45 dump loads and we used it all. :)

With the zoning here, I didn't NEED permission from the County, but I had the Sheriff at the time come out and approve the range after it was built and I have allowed them to use the range when their range floods. It's located below the County Dump and the runoff in severe weather drains right into the shooting lanes. (Poor planning?) :roll:

In the more than two decades we have been here, my berm has settled a bit, but since I am the only one using the range, I can live with it until I finally decide to add the 100 yard range, or just add another two or three feet back to the berm. I have reactive steel, frames for qualification type targets, and various other target systems acquired over the years. Life is good. I am blessed.

60 yard line.jpg
Back when I was still competing, this was the view from 60 yards
Very nice!
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:57 pm

I'm about to renew my $400 membership at the indoor range.

My last access expired in March, but it's actually been a year since I've fired any of my guns; last January 20th, in fact. That's when my wife began to obviously decline and I decided I didn't want to leave her again for even a few hours. The hospice home care nurses and social worker strongly encouraged me to "get away for awhile", but I'm so glad I didn't. To me, shooting seemed frivolous compared to time spent with her. She passed away at home in my arms in July. The emotional hit I took is not describable.

In October, I finally had a long overdue hip replacement. Since then, I've recovered well enough, emotionally and physically, so that now I'm ready to resume my retirement hobby.

I've reloaded several boxes of .357s and look forward to shooting again. It's a new year and a different life. Range reports to follow.
3 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:08 pm

OUTSTANDING .... thoughts and prayers still headed your way
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:31 pm

JEBar wrote:OUTSTANDING .... thoughts and prayers still headed your way

Couldn't have said it, better. Have a great new year, my friend.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:07 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:I'm about to renew my $400 membership at the indoor range.

My last access expired in March, but it's actually been a year since I've fired any of my guns; last January 20th, in fact. That's when my wife began to obviously decline and I decided I didn't want to leave her again for even a few hours. The hospice home care nurses and social worker strongly encouraged me to "get away for awhile", but I'm so glad I didn't. To me, shooting seemed frivolous compared to time spent with her. She passed away at home in my arms in July. The emotional hit I took is not describable.

In October, I finally had a long overdue hip replacement. Since then, I've recovered well enough, emotionally and physically, so that now I'm ready to resume my retirement hobby.

I've reloaded several boxes of .357s and look forward to shooting again. It's a new year and a different life. Range reports to follow.
Sorry about your loss. Glad things are going better for you. May this coming year be filled with nothing but joy. God bless!
2 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Haven't been on here much this last year simply due to work/family issues, but very sorry to hear of your loss and your surgery issues. Glad to hear that you are recovering in many ways. I look forward to hearing more reports of your shooting experiences in 2018. Best wishes as this new year commences.
2 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:45 pm

The range I belong to is really an "outdoors club". We have 37 acres that includes a primitive campground, lake, playground, clubhouse, archery range, trap range, "cowboy town" range (steel challenge targets set up in several western facade scenes), six 10-yard pistol ranges, six 25-yard pistol ranges, and a rifle range with two 25-yard, two 50-yard, and four 100-yard lanes. All ranges are outdoors. Membership fee is $135 per year and eight work hours. Work hours can be bought out at the rate of $15 per hour or another $120 if you buy out all eight hours. Considering I put in 40 hours of work time last year I didn't have to pay any extra. I enjoy the work hours as I work on the "kitchen crew". We cook a meal for the monthly meetings and for many of the events at the club including the weekend spot shoots of which there are 12 in the spring and 12 in the fall. A good group of guys and we have a good time serving our fellow members and guests. All of our events last year made the club a net profit of about $5,000, so we are not only getting in our work hours, but we are generating some income for club upkeep. The club just bought another 40 acres adjacent to our current property. We really don't have any set plans for it yet, as we are trying to pay off the mortgage before we begin spending money on improvements.
0 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:21 pm

White Squirrel wrote:The range I belong to is really an "outdoors club". We have 37 acres that includes a primitive campground, lake, playground, clubhouse, archery range, trap range, "cowboy town" range (steel challenge targets set up in several western facade scenes), six 10-yard pistol ranges, six 25-yard pistol ranges, and a rifle range with two 25-yard, two 50-yard, and four 100-yard lanes. All ranges are outdoors. Membership fee is $135 per year and eight work hours. Work hours can be bought out at the rate of $15 per hour or another $120 if you buy out all eight hours. Considering I put in 40 hours of work time last year I didn't have to pay any extra. I enjoy the work hours as I work on the "kitchen crew". We cook a meal for the monthly meetings and for many of the events at the club including the weekend spot shoots of which there are 12 in the spring and 12 in the fall. A good group of guys and we have a good time serving our fellow members and guests. All of our events last year made the club a net profit of about $5,000, so we are not only getting in our work hours, but we are generating some income for club upkeep. The club just bought another 40 acres adjacent to our current property. We really don't have any set plans for it yet, as we are trying to pay off the mortgage before we begin spending money on improvements.
Good deal for you. In King County they can't ban ranges but they sure make it hard to operate one.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:02 am

I cant wait to see the first range report and see how it went. I cant help but think there will be great therapy that will come with it. My local outdoor range charges 15 a month and a 75.00 one time fee. I dont belong. I go use the Grasslands where there isnt a charge as it is government land. I do however belong to a muzzleloader only range which has a 60 dollar a year fee. They also have a work program where if you put in 4 hours of work they reduce your dues to 40.00. Im glad to pay the 60.00 right now and would pay more if required. Al
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55