Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Backpack range bags

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Backpack range bags

Post by clovishound » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Anybody have one? I'm getting to the point that my current range back is getting a little too small, and a lot too heavy.

Clovispup and I routinely carry 3 - 4 handguns, and, of course at least one Henry. I normally have 300 - 400 rounds of centerfire, as well as the other normal stuff needed at the range. The herd has grown, and the number of rounds has increased and I find that the bag is getting too heavy for comfort. probably 30 - 40 lbs.

I tried using my hunting backpack. It makes carry easy, but the weight is concentrated too low, and organization is poor. I was hoping that someone makes a good, well organized backpack style range bag. I looked on the web, and there are a few, but most are just backpacks without much in the way of organization and easy access to stuff we need when shooting.

Alternately, I could go to wheeled, but that might be awkward. The range we frequent is located in the back of the gun store, and aisles are somewhat narrow, and it's often crowded, so bringing a wheeled bag/box might be difficult.

All advice appreciated.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Backpack range bags

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:53 pm

I think you might be better off getting a hikers backpack because you have a much larger selection and because I've never seen a range backpack.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater