Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Chronograph

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Chronograph

Post by JEBar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:52 pm

ssonb wrote:I have discovered after a range remodel on my crony that you need to take a piece of paper and tape it on the last diffuser on the outside and stick a small target or mark with a marker a spot to aim on the device itself.
understood on the tape on the outside of the rear antenna wire but I'm a bit hazy on the spot to aim
0 x

ssonb
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by ssonb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:47 am

In the center of the paper equidistant from all sides, the top, sides and bottom of the triangle formed by the "antenna'' Using this method I have had people shoot thru my unit that have never even seen a chronograph and not hit anything important..When you shoot thru a chrono you only worry about a backstop for the bullet after it has passed thru the device.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:31 am

10-4 .... I've never had an issue when using open sights but, unfortunately, with a scope focused on a target down range, I can't see the chronograph .... I believe that by mounting it on a tripod it will be easier to place the chrony where the bullet should pass toward the top of the antennas where its as far from the body of the chrony as is possible .... in addition, I was trying to do two things at once, testing various loads to see how they grouped and the speed they generated .... I really need to do one at a time .... test a few rounds for speed and then put aside the chrony and test some more for grouping .... hopefully, lesson learned
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:35 pm

as I continue researching what's out there I ran across the Labradar Ballistic Velocity Doppler Radar ===> https://www.amazon.com/Labradar-Ballist ... 8QEPBJG43W <=== YouTube videos abound and I find it interesting that folks either love or hate the Labradar ===> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGz3Gbf5njw <=== at its price point, it isn't one I'd consider but I do find it interesting
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:24 pm

update ---- as has been mentioned, the parent company of Caldwell is Battenfeld Technologies .... their customer service can be reached at (877) 509-9160 .... the fellow I spoke with was very helpful, a pleasure to work with .... I needed to order a replacement metal antenna rod .. :? .. at $1 each with free shipping, I ordered 4 rods .... one just never knows when a replacement will be needed .. :roll:
0 x