Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Target Trap Stand

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Target Trap Stand

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:17 pm

I have one of those rimfire/pellet traps and I need a stand for it so I can move it around. I'm thinking of getting a car rim and tire, putting the axle on it coming from the wrong side and then welding the trap to the top of the axle. Being on a wheel I could tip it to the side and roll it around. Any other ideas?
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Target Trap Stand

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:48 pm

Put some small wheels on the back side and put a piece of pvc pipe on each side, level with the ground.
When you want to move it, stick replacement hoe/rake handles in the pvc tubes to form "wheelbarrel" style handles. You may need to drill holes down thru the pvc and the handles to drop a 16 penny nail in to lock the handles in place. Blocks of wood under the front edge to offset the wheels on the back will keep the trap level.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:17 am

We use about half a dozen of these steel traps rated for 22 rimfire. They are heavy, but not so heavy that I can't pick them up and move as needed. Absolutely no need to secure these if you're worried about them moving with pellet hits, though. Even at 10 meters with our most powerful air guns, they don't budge when hit.

They are loud, though, so if that's an issue, place a piece of foam or such inside them.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:35 pm

North Country Gal wrote:We use about half a dozen of these steel traps rated for 22 rimfire. They are heavy, but not so heavy that I can't pick them up and move as needed. Absolutely no need to secure these if you're worried about them moving with pellet hits, though. Even at 10 meters with our most powerful air guns, they don't budge when hit.

They are loud, though, so if that's an issue, place a piece of foam or such inside them.
My main concern is getting them off the ground. Waist high would be great.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater