Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

How good are the SP holsters for EDC?

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

How good are the SP holsters for EDC?

Post by PT7 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:30 pm

Hey, Ditchparrot and Everyone.

The post below is almost a year old, but it was the only search result that came up for term "Sneaky Pete."
I've been reading about these holsters in the latest USCCA magazine issue, and have some Qs.

Ditchparrot, how do you like yours for carrying your 9MM pistol? Is it quality-built leather? The SP site pics look pretty nice. Probably most important is how it functions? Flap closure (magnets), ease of draw, re-holstering, etc.? For the draw especially, is it easy to correctly grasp your pistol grip when you open the flap? Does the flap "get in the way?"

OK....I ask these Qs because SP lists a holster for my new Ruger LCRX in .38 Special + P, which I recently brought into my gun cabinet. Looking for a good holster for this revolver to use for EDC. The one I would select has the two sewn belt loops. http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/ruger ... belt-loop/

Anyone else own/use a SP holster? Let me know what you think of this product, too.
Thanks to all for any helps or info.
PT7
ditchparrot wrote: CCW holders: What do you carry?
Post by ditchparrot » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:01 am

Just wondering what the concealed-weapon permit holders on here prefer for everyday carry.
I go with a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm in a Sneaky Pete holster (sort of like an oversized cell phone case).
0 x

~Пока~

ditchparrot
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: How good are the SP holsters for EDC?

Post by ditchparrot » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:47 am

PT7 wrote:Hey, Ditchparrot and Everyone.

Ditchparrot, how do you like yours for carrying your 9MM pistol? Is it quality-built leather? The SP site pics look pretty nice. Probably most important is how it functions? Flap closure (magnets), ease of draw, re-holstering, etc.? For the draw especially, is it easy to correctly grasp your pistol grip when you open the flap? Does the flap "get in the way?"
Hey PT,

I love the Sneaky Pete. I have the camo one, and it's nylon instead of leather. The magnet is excellent – it holds the flap securely, but is easy to flip up. My hand just naturally goes right where it's supposed to on the draw. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with it.
1 x
Henry Big Boy Rifle .357
Henry Classic .22
Henry Lever-Action .410
Henry Big Boy Revolver .357

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: How good are the SP holsters for EDC?

Post by tx gunrunner » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:21 pm

I have a SP holster for my Glock 27 and Kahr CM40 for about 3 yrs and I don't care for it . It works perfect .

I prefer my Widow Maker better if I wear jacket or shirt over it . In driving car or motorcycle . In sitting this is more comfortable and much faster to draw .

Since I live in shorts and T-shirt the messenger bag or purse is fast , easy too carry any size gun and lots of ammo , cell phone and wallet . With the top unzipped I can put my hand inside the bag on the gun and not brandish it for a super fast draw . I have more purses that my girlfriend :D Below is 3 of them

I like this one the best and is a good and cheap too . http://www.ebay.com/itm/391339135583?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

0 x