Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Mag-na-port

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Mag-na-port

Post by JEBar » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Sir Henry wrote:I was wondering about that muzzle blast. Seems to me the more it blows back the more effective it would be at reducing felt recoil.

the blow-back most certainly helps to reduce felt recoil ....on the other hand, it can be most uncomfortable to the shooter .... with them, hearing protection is beyond mandatory .... Mag-na-port has figured out how to deal with issues like felt recoil, muzzle jump, and side to side muzzle jump without redirecting muzzle blast into the shooter's face ....
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:22 pm

in the theory, a picture is worth a thousand words category, I had my wife take the picture below .... it shows my right shoulder after firing 100 skeet level 12 ga shells .... as can be seen, no redness, no bruising .... given the fact that I've been on blood thinners for over 2 years which cause me to bruise easily and deeply .... as noted in other post in this thread, Mag-na-porting plays a key part in the mods we make to our long and short guns to reduce felt recoil
Attachments
IMG_8914.JPG
IMG_8914.JPG (71.18 KiB) Viewed 2923 times
IMG_8913.JPG
IMG_8913.JPG (71.13 KiB) Viewed 2925 times
3 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:27 pm

there is no doubt that with age my vision ain't as good as it once as (even while wearing trifocals :oops: ) .... as such, I've come to like punching really large holes in paper .... big holes are much easier to see .. ;)
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:35 am

JEBar wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:I was wondering about that muzzle blast. Seems to me the more it blows back the more effective it would be at reducing felt recoil.

the blow-back most certainly helps to reduce felt recoil ....on the other hand, it can be most uncomfortable to the shooter .... with them, hearing protection is beyond mandatory .... Mag-na-port has figured out how to deal with issues like felt recoil, muzzle jump, and side to side muzzle jump without redirecting muzzle blast into the shooter's face ....
After the M16 went from a three-prong flash suppresser to the bird-cage they found it would kick up dirt or move grass from the bottom and give away your position. Later models had the bottom of the suppresser filled in. Flash suppressers aren't muzzle brakes but they can have the same problems.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:55 am

update .... yesterday I fired over a hundred rounds from our Henry 44 Mag .... best estimate, they were loaded at a power level somewhere between factory 44 Special and 44 Mag .... our Henry 44 Mag is stock with the exception of adding a Nikon Prostaff scope .... I'd rate the felt recoil of our Mag-Na-Ported Henry 45-70 upgraded by installing with a top quality recoil pad and a Mercury recoil suppressor as being on par with the felt recoil from our Henry 44 Mag
0 x

Slugnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Slugnut » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:47 pm

I can personally say that having Mag-na-port in stall one of their muzzle brakes on my Tikka T3,308cal. a real pleasure to shoot and shoot and shoot. My shoulder is in bad shape with arthurits. I shoot Fed. 168 grs. bullets all day ( 1 ragged hole) at 50yds. after 40-50 rounds. My confidence is back without PAIN. Their customer service is great as their products.
Last edited by Slugnut on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x