Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

DIY Speedloader

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: DIY Speedloader

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:43 pm

CaliforniaMike wrote: Have some photos and how I made them if anyone interested.
I would have put this in a PM, but photos can't be attached there. I hope these screenshots help.

This is what the Full Editor and Preview Window looks like. Notice the Attachments Tab at the bottom of the screen. This is used to place photos in your posts:
Full Editor and Preview Window
Full Editor and Preview Window
As you can see, the Full Editor has more features than the Quick Reply window that appears when you just want to respond to someone else's post. This is what the Quick Reply window looks like:
Quick Reply Window
Quick Reply Window
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

CaliforniaMike
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by CaliforniaMike » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:16 am

I'm from Texas, what is "grey poupon"? Is it something folks up north use to clean lead from their barrels?

http://henryrifleforums.com/download/fi ... ew&id=4649

This is the simple process I did with my re-loaders. Cut at the crimp (a good tubing cutter will work) clean up the end and back bevel the inside. Install the 9/16"x3/8"x1" rubber plug and cut the end off with a razor blade. Push this cut piece into the loader tube all the way to the bottom. It prevents you from loading 11 rounds. After loading, install an uncut rubber plug.
Attachments
Reloaders.jpg
2 x

CaliforniaMike
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by CaliforniaMike » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:20 pm

Finished the case for carrying 5 reloaders to the range. All I have to do is fold over the end flap, roll it up and secure with Velcro straps. Used it this last weekend at the range and even once had to use it for an unloader without any problems. Over kill to some, but then I own a Henry Big Boy 45. What more can I say.
Reloader Case.jpg
4 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:07 pm

nicely done .... I really like both the speed loaders and the case
1 x

CaliforniaMike
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by CaliforniaMike » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Here is the final touch to my Henry project. Two Velcro straps 3/4" wide and sewn to a Henry patch. This secures the rolled case for the 5 loaders.
Henry Straps.jpg
Henry Straps2.jpg
2 x

babo
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by babo » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:56 pm

CaliforniaMike wrote:I have made 5 speed brass reloading tubes for my Henry Big Boy in 45 LC. Work great for loading and unloading. Can reload 10 rds in about 15 seconds or less. Have some photos and how I made them if anyone interested.
I would like to see this too!
1 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:38 pm

Good job thanks for sharing.
0 x