Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Anyone use a "Rick Lowe No Drill Rifle Sling" for their H001?

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
m1ckDELTA
Tenderfoot
Wales

Anyone use a "Rick Lowe No Drill Rifle Sling" for their H001?

Post by m1ckDELTA » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:47 pm

I'm thinking about getting one of these: http://brassstacker.com/henry/Harnessed ... ifles.html

It's not cheap but I don't mind paying the price if it's quality and it actually seems a bit less than what I might expect for robust, full grain. My wallet is from Saddleback leather and more than one person has been surprised at the price but it will last me the rest of my life (however long that might be). It's unadorned, save for the the "Saddleback" name discreetly embossed, and that's what I like. I like top quality leather that speaks for itself without fancy embossing or adornment. Don't' think I'm some elitist rich guy, I'm actually a guy with limited funds who tries to buy something once in his life and never have to be bothered about replacing it.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
0 x

ditchparrot
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Anyone use a "Rick Lowe No Drill Rifle Sling" for their H001?

Post by ditchparrot » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:53 pm

Looks like a nice product. I'd like to hear from some people who've used them.
0 x
Henry Big Boy Rifle .357
Henry Classic .22
Henry Lever-Action .410
Henry Big Boy Revolver .357

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:47 am

The Triple-K Slip-On Muzzleloader Sling from Cabelas will fit the Henry H001 and won't break the bank. I bought one to carry my Henry Classic in the woods. It's well made, looks great, and doesn't require tools or modifications to the rifle.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Triple-K ... 6CQ_st%3Db
2 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:11 am

I have lace on slings on several lever rifles that needed no holes drilled. Just a magazine tube band that can easily be removed any time you care to. Never had one leave a mark on the tube. The Rick Lowe sling looks well made but I prefer not to have any thing with snaps on it. Had enough headaches with boat covers with snaps. I can replace the rawhide lace a lot easier than a broken snap. The sling well made or not is out of my price range. Here is what I use and they were less than $20. The one on the Marlin Zane Grey is a Thompson/center muzzleloader sling.
The Henry Frontier sling is from Old South Firearms.
1 x