Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry's Recoil Pads

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
Travlin
Cowboy

Re: Henry's Recoil Pads

Post by Travlin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:16 am

Obviously the H.R.A. people you talked to didn't know much. Why don't you e-mail the Boss?
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:17 am

PT7 wrote:Great decision on a mercury recoil reducer! I put a 14 oz. one in my Benelli 12-gauge shotgun, and it made a huge difference in shooting slugs. I never had any bruises after I installed it in the stock, and it even made shooting slugs a lot of fun. Let us know how well it works for you.
over the years we've used a combination of a top quality recoil pad, Mercury Recoil Suppressor, and Mag-Na-Porting to help tame the recoil on some hard kickers .... our Remington 700 BDL chambered in 300 WBY Mag --- a light weight Remington 700 synthetic stock, stainless barrel 30-06 --- 2 light weight Ruger M77 synthetic stock, stainless 30-06's and so on .... for us that combo has worked really well
0 x

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Tape » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:31 pm

JEB, Sir Henry makes a good suggestion as usual, if I may suggest an option but you will have to fiddle with it.

This is a picture of a Ruger 10-22 factory butt plate, there are thousands of accessories for the 10-22 and also hundreds of recoil pads for them as well, a few of them may not have the holes pre-drilled. On the last picture I did not push the plate up against the stock so it will cover a little more than what you see.
I sure you understand what I am getting at, just a suggestion;
Attachments
DSC_1330.JPG
DSC_1329.JPG
DSC_1327.JPG
0 x

DWD445
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by DWD445 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:47 pm

My BBS 44 has a pad. Never thought I'd need one on my 12ga.till I shot 100 rnd at trap !! :shock: :lol:
1 x
NRA - DW wheelguns - H012S - Oh CCW

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:54 pm

Travlin wrote:Obviously the H.R.A. people you talked to didn't know much. Why don't you e-mail the Boss?
I wouldn't want to get either of them in hot water .... over the years I've received excellent help from their support folks and simply asked a question that nobody else seems to have asked .... I am confident that the gunsmith we use in Texas will be able to evaluate the one on our Henry 45-70
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:58 pm

Tape wrote:JEB, Sir Henry makes a good suggestion as usual, if I may suggest an option but you will have to fiddle with it.

This is a picture of a Ruger 10-22 factory butt plate, there are thousands of accessories for the 10-22 and also hundreds of recoil pads for them as well, a few of them may not have the holes pre-drilled. On the last picture I did not push the plate up against the stock so it will cover a little more than what you see.
I sure you understand what I am getting at, just a suggestion;
absolutely .... unless it is a direct replacement I don't possess the skill necessary .... the wood on our Henry is far too nice for me mess with it ....
0 x

Tape
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Tape » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:20 pm

I wouldn't suggest making the rifle fit the recoil pad but make the recoil pad fit the rifle.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:29 pm

Tape wrote:I wouldn't suggest making the rifle fit the recoil pad but make the recoil pad fit the rifle.
certainly .... I've seen some stocks scratched a part of the final sanding of the pad needed to get an OEM level fit .... the gunsmiths I know carefully tape the stock to prevent such damage
0 x

Cactusjack
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Cactusjack » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:07 am

LOL I called Henry Thursday asked if I could order a butt plate for a H001TM. The answer I was given NO you have to BUY A STOCK 60 bucks. I don't need a stock just a butt plate sorry you have to buy stock. We fit then to each stock. O well I can think of a fix. Yes I do feel let down.
0 x

Rugerfanboy
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Rugerfanboy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:44 pm

Cactusjack wrote:LOL I called Henry Thursday asked if I could order a butt plate for a H001TM. The answer I was given NO you have to BUY A STOCK 60 bucks. I don't need a stock just a butt plate sorry you have to buy stock. We fit then to each stock. O well I can think of a fix. Yes I do feel let down.
You got lied to. There is a part number for the stock and one for the butt plate. Plus, they are not custom fitted to each stock. The stock and the butt plate are mass produced. The Henry employee that told you that, needs to be reported to Anthony cause that is just straight up being lazy and lieing to a customer. And yes, I've ordered a butt plate and a recoil plate in the past. If the customer is not happy, the customer needs to remind the Henry employee that Anthony made a promise to each and every customer to he'll do everything possible to make the customer happy and that even includes giving there money back if all else fells. Anthony even told me this at the Louisville, Kentucky Shot Show.

Anthony needs to be informed about these things cause his employee's are making "HIS" company look bad. It's getting really old reading about the Henry employee's making Anthony's company....Henry Repeating Arms....look bad. Anthony is going the extra mile to make his customers happy and his employee's are doing the opposite of his promise.

Anthony Imperato - youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo8P3qU19eE

Anthony Imperato - contact page on there Henry Repeating Arms website
http://www.henryrifles.com/contact-henr ... y-imperato

Or, you can contact Anthony Imperato by using your email directly.
anthony@henryrepeating.com
0 x
[color=#FF0000]Squatch[/color] wrote:I ended up loading 47 of those 300gr torpedoes. I have room in my ammo box for mouse farts and cruise missiles. Each have a job. I like them all! :D