Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry's Recoil Pads

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Henry's Recoil Pads

Post by JEBar » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:06 am

does anyone know which company provides recoils pads to Henry ?
0 x

JCN
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Henry's Recoil Pads

Post by JCN » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:05 am

It would have to be one in the United States. Have you tried calling Henry to ask? They may be up front and honest with you.
0 x
Henry Big Boy Steel .357 mag

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:32 am

Can I ask why you want to know?
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:14 pm

JCN wrote:It would have to be one in the United States. Have you tried calling Henry to ask? They may be up front and honest with you.
actually, I called Henry prior to asking the question on this forum .... I told the lady who answered the phone that I needed to ask a question about one of Henry's suppliers .... she said she thought she could help me .... I asked for the name of the company who manufactures their recoil pads .... she told me that none of their rifles have recoil pads .. :? .. she seemed surprised when I said, yes you do, I have 3 of them .. :shock: .. she asked what rifles I have and I told her .... she put me on hold and transferred me to another person .... asked the same question, was told he doesn't know, and asked why I wanted to know .... told him that for age and health reasons I'd like to be able to reduce felt recoil on our 45-70 .... he recommended checking out Limbsaver for one of their slide on pads .... told him I have no interest in that type of pad .... he still recommended Limbsaver --- https://www.limbsaver.com/product-categ ... coil-pads/--- but emphasized he doesn't know who makes theirs .... after that, I decided to check here .... since then I called a different number at Henry and spoke with another fellow .... he said that it is a Henry "proprietary part" and he has no clue
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:22 pm

Sir Henry wrote:Can I ask why you want to know?
as noted above, for age and health reasons (at 70 years old and on blood thinners), I'd like to be able to reduce felt recoil on our 45-70 .... when we go to Texas in January I'm going to have have a gunsmith I trust down there add a Mercury recoil suppressor (http://www.mercuryrecoil.com/) installed .... if he has a better recoil pad I will have that installed as well .... in June when we go through Michigan I plan to have it Mag-Na-Ported (http://magnaport.com/)
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Thanks. I have a shooting shirt which adds about a half inch of pad into the entire shoulder. Thus it spreads the force out into a much bigger area while still keeping the main pressure right where you want it.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JCN
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by JCN » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Wow. What an experience with customer service.

Maybe worth an email right to Anthony? He seems very responsive.
0 x
Henry Big Boy Steel .357 mag

Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Bish1309 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:51 pm

I like Sir Henry's solution. Can work with any rifle, IMHO.

Plus, a good reason to get more shirts. ;)
0 x
Bish

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:16 pm

I think my bruise makes me look tough. :)
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:15 pm

Great decision on a mercury recoil reducer! I put a 14 oz. one in my Benelli 12-gauge shotgun, and it made a huge difference in shooting slugs. I never had any bruises after I installed it in the stock, and it even made shooting slugs a lot of fun. Let us know how well it works for you.
JEBar wrote: as noted above, for age and health reasons (at 70 years old and on blood thinners), I'd like to be able to reduce felt recoil on our 45-70 .... when we go to Texas in January I'm going to have have a gunsmith I trust down there add a Mercury recoil suppressor (http://www.mercuryrecoil.com/) installed .... if he has a better recoil pad I will have that installed as well .... in June when we go through Michigan I plan to have it Mag-Na-Ported (http://magnaport.com/)
0 x

~Пока~