Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Trail Camera

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Trail Camera

Post by Mags » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:37 pm

JEBar wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:25 am
the good news is, the game camera arrived and appears to be a most impressive unit ....
This might be a camera I'd be interested in. Most interesting features to me are the solar powered and WiFi picture/video file transfer. Please continue to share how this camera works out you.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:04 pm

Mags wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:37 pm
This might be a camera I'd be interested in. Most interesting features to me are the solar powered and WiFi picture/video file transfer. Please continue to share how this camera works out you.
will do, once our son gets it working and explains to me how to use and understand it
0 x

Steve51
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Steve51 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:34 pm

I have an old Bushnell game camera that still works and the night pictures are remarkably good. Last fall I bought a package of two Muddy game cameras but I have been pretty disappointed in them. Daytime pictures are good but night time pictures are quite disappointing.

Be very interested in the picture quality of your new camera.
0 x
H001, H001L, H004, H001TM, H001TLB, H006, H010, H012M, H012GR
NRA Member, GOA Member, ISRA Member, ILCCW

rickhem
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rickhem » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:58 am

Two of my cameras, the first two I got, are what is referred to as "low glow" cameras. At night, the IR Illuminators give off a red color that is more visible as it gets darker out. The deer seem to have their curiosity piqued by that, and I get video of them walking right up and sniffing at the camera. They acclimated to it pretty quickly. Most other animals don't seem to notice it at all. The coyotes, however, are unnerved by that illumination, and they usually take off as soon as they see it.
All the other cameras have what they refer to as "no glow" illumination. Absolutely noting visible, yet the camera works fine, and you get a black-and-white video of surprisingly good quality. The newer cams even have sound, and I have a few clips with bucks sparring and you can hear the antlers clicking. The IR illuminators do put a strain on battery life though.
We really do enjoy seeing all the wildlife, including neighbor's pet cats (and occasionally dogs) that show up. I've even got a neat picture of a hawk flying right in front of one, crazy that it captured the hawk in flight like that.
Attachments
Hawk.png
Hawk.png (2.7 MiB) Viewed 1453 times
5 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:15 am

Here's the Christmas tree pics. I mentioned.
Screenshot_20240105_091251_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240105_091251_Facebook.jpg (317.76 KiB) Viewed 1450 times

RP
3 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:08 pm

In the latter pictures it looks like something had made off with the presents!
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:35 pm

sure hope our new trail camera will show such quality pictures

I've figured out how to format the 128 SD card and was able to set the Date .... so far setting the time has eluded me, its OEM format is 24 hours (military time) .... it says that can be changed to 12 (AM/PM) but I haven't found any way to switch it .... I have read enough to believe that I'm going to leave the rest of the default settings
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:09 am

Now that was a cool idea I will try next Christmas!
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:29 am

when I checked this morning the only pictures were of me belting it in place .... with today's forecast for extreme wind and rain, I decided to bring the camera in .... I need to find a place to relocate it .... I'm beginning to wonder if Maureen's puppy is paranoid ..
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:07 pm

I finally got fed up with not being able to figure out how to use our new Trail Camera .... the detailed user's manual is beyond me so I got out the quick start instructions .... it took a while but eventually a mental light bulb came on and I was pretty sure I'd figured it out .... it was cold and wet out there while I was strapping it to a tree and installed a cable lock for the first time .... no, I don't believe the cable lock is necessary, I simply wanted to make sure it fits and I can work it .... my plan is to leave it out there a couple of days and then see if I've figured out how to call up and look at any pictures it may have taken ... other than birds and squirrels I haven't seen any signs of wildlife so I'm not anticipating seeing anything else
0 x