Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Trail Camera

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Trail Camera

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:02 am

our property has a long border with a stand of woods .... housing developments are shrinking the wooded areas and farms around us which is reducing the available wildlife habitat .... often when Maureen takes her Shih Tzu out after dark she clearly senses something in the woods that makes her very apprehensive .... who knows, it may be a squirrel but that's just the point .... we know that foxes, coyotes, deer, feral cats, squirrels and a host of other critters frequent those woods .... our hope is a trail camera may be able to let us figure out what she's concerned about so, we've ordered a " VOOPEAK Trail Camera Solar Powered 46MP 4K 30FPS, WiFi Bluetooth Game Camera" --- [urlhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BVDTLVHK/re ... UTF8&psc=1][/url].... looking forward to its arrival later today and figuring out how to make it work
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Trail Camera

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:24 am

We have four spaced around the property to keep an "eye" on things. You'll likely be amazed at what you see.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:32 pm

looking forward to finding out
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:40 pm

I saw an interesting post on FB a few weeks ago.
Seems a person put a Christmas tree out in the woods in front a game camera.
Got some pretty cool pics.
I have a few out on the farm I hunt.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:44 pm

Domestic cat is reported to be the most common prey of urban coyotes. If they are comfortable living in a city, then certainly near residences and businesses in suburban and rural locations.

Don't hesitate to shoot a coyote.
1 x

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:41 pm

HenryFan wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:44 pm
Domestic cat is reported to be the most common prey of urban coyotes. If they are comfortable living in a city, then certainly near residences and businesses in suburban and rural locations.

For you guys out on eastern N.C. coastal area , make sure it is a coyote and not an Eastern Red Wolf. They look about the same but with the Red is about 10% bigger and of course they are redish verses brown. There are only 20 to 30 left and they only exist in eastern NC.
1 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:38 pm

HenryFan wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:44 pm

Speaking of cats vs coyotes.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=sea ... s%20coyote

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:40 pm

2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

rickhem
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rickhem » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:01 am

I started off with two trail cameras. Put them out near where I hunt to see what's around and when. Then bought two more, and had one set up as a kind of a security measure, to see who and when an access trail was being used. A friend with a nice piece of property and I were talking about them, and his comment was that they can be addicting. I think he was right. I now have 11 total at different places around my property. Mine are all battery powered chip units, I don't have any cell service ones, at least not yet. I can hop on the quad, or in a SxS, and make my loop to swap out the chips in about 45 to 60 minutes. My GF likes when I connect my laptop to the flat screen TV, and we review the pictures on that. It's interesting to see what's going on in different areas of the property, and especially for seeing what is happening at night. We get a lot of coyote pictures, and they seem to space themselves out when they're roaming around. A single camera will get two or three in a single 20 second clip, then another in the next clip, and another or two in the clips after that. I've also, through sheer luck, placed cameras near licking branches, and those give a real good cross section of the bucks walking around. It's amazing how nocturnal they stay, yet how regularly they visit these locations.
3 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:25 am

the good news is, the game camera arrived and appears to be a most impressive unit .... the not go good news is, following the instructions I was able to insert a micro SD card and figured out how to install 4 AA backup power batteries .... from there, the instructions quickly few right over my head .... I've called our youngest son and his 16 year old son to come by and finish the startup . :roll:
2 x