Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Snake boots?

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Re: Snake boots?

Post by clovishound » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:04 am

Do they make spider boots?
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:21 am

clovishound wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:04 am
Do they make spider boots?
Yup, but they call them waders. :D
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:07 am

Well, another surprise this morning. I needed to put the inserts I had transferred, back into my hunting boots. When I stuck my hand into the first snake boot, I found a rubber snake.

Kids.................
4 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:14 am

clovishound wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:07 am
Well, another surprise this morning. I needed to put the inserts I had transferred, back into my hunting boots. When I stuck my hand into the first snake boot, I found a rubber snake.

Kids.................
:lol: Classic! :lol:
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:38 am

clovishound wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:07 am

Kids.................
Now that's funny.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:53 pm

I have a history with rubber snakes. Years ago I was doing some volunteer work in underwater archaeology. I was running the business end of a dredge that was sucking up sand and artifacts and depositing them in a screen box where a group of archaeologists and volunteers were sorting out the artifacts. I was finishing up a square and had surfaced. I needed to stay on the surface and keep clear water flowing through the dredge and it's flexible pipe to help keep the screen box clean while they finished up sorting the last material in the screen box.

I had brought a rubber snake with me and decided it was a perfect opportunity to use it. I slipped it into the inlet of dredge and it popped into the screen box where about 6 folks were standing in a waist deep water working the box. Everybody jumped back when it hit the screen, but one poor lady ran through the deep water and up a very high, nearly vertical bank, screaming the whole time. She was deathly afraid of snakes. I almost felt bad about it. Made for a great story when working projects with new folks.
0 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:09 pm

There will be repercussions!

_DAB1036.jpg
_DAB1036.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 1493 times

Note, attached photo may include a reenactment.
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:11 pm

That's funny rhat there. Fess Up... Did you have to change your shorts? :twisted:
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:23 pm

I worked evening and midnight patrol by choice for years. We lived an hour away from HQ. When working evenings, my shift ended at 11pm, but I often got "caught up" at the end of the shifts, and would have to stay and finish a call, then paperwork. I'd be midnight or later leaving, then 1am or later getting home. I'd text Tina to let her know if I was going to be late. Our home sat in the middle of twenty acres, surrounded by other large lots, with the state forest across the street and the state park behind us. It was dark and quiet when I got home.

Miss T and the kids had been at Spencer Gifts one evening, (Remember them?) and bought a large Rubber Rat, about the size of a beagle. It was dark gray with ruby eyes and realistic hair molded in, and a long tail, and bright white teeth. They put it on the porch, peeking out from under the wooden bench across from the steps. The 40w porch light was just enough to make the ruby eyes glow. I got home right at 2am that morning and was tired, and ready to be done with that day. I cleared leather on that rat, and nearly pulled the trigger when I realized it hadn't moved. :roll: Great joke y'all. :twisted:
0 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:28 pm

Did you have to change your shorts?
I will admit to being startled a tad. I don't usually spook easily. I've come up on too many critters underwater, where visibility is only a couple feet or less. Lots of looking under a log and suddenly seeing a 30-50+ lb catfish looking back at me from a foot or two away. And yes, I've come face to face with moccasins and gators. The boat drivers scared me more than anything.

This morning I had put my hand into one of the boots to get the insert out, and discovered something in the way. I pulled it out realized it was a snake. I startled just a little, as this was not what I was expecting, but almost instantly recognized it for what it was.
0 x