Winners announced Congratulations Side by Side, Steve51 and Ojaileveraction See last page of contest thread

Range Fees

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Range Fees

Postby Henry88 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:43 pm

I shoot mostly rimfire and airguns in the yard. When I do go to the range to shoot the centerfires or WMR it's Ocala which is free.

The county range is closer, busier, and MUCH more strict (controlled) is $10 a day for as many guns as long as you like.

Would love to join a private range, but it would have to be the right one.
0 x

DAVIDF
Cowhand
United States of America

Postby DAVIDF » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:00 pm

Henry88 wrote:I shoot mostly rimfire and airguns in the yard. When I do go to the range to shoot the centerfires or WMR it's Ocala which is free.

The county range is closer, busier, and MUCH more strict (controlled) is $10 a day for as many guns as long as you like.

Do you ever go to Titusville Rifle and Pistol Club (http://titusvillegun.org/code/Home.aspx)? I go there and have a membership. Annual membership is $100, or $10 per day. Women, LEO's, and active military shoot for free. I really like the range and the range safety officers tend to be very friendly. They have a 100/200/300 yard rifle range as well as a couple of other rifle ranges, and various pistol ranges. You can bring your own steel and they also have steel plates on a couple of pistol ranges as well as ones on the 100/200/300 yard range.
0 x
Made by Henry, Or Not Made At All

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Postby Henry88 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:36 am

DAVIDF wrote:
Henry88 wrote:I shoot mostly rimfire and airguns in the yard. When I do go to the range to shoot the centerfires or WMR it's Ocala which is free.

Do you ever go to Titusville Rifle and Pistol Club (http://titusvillegun.org/code/Home.aspx)? I go there and have a membership. Annual membership is $100, or $10 per day. Women, LEO's, and active military shoot for free. I really like the range and the range safety officers tend to be very friendly. They have a 100/200/300 yard rifle range as well as a couple of other rifle ranges, and various pistol ranges. You can bring your own steel and they also have steel plates on a couple of pistol ranges as well as ones on the 100/200/300 yard range.

Thanks Dave, I didn't know about that range.

I guess I have searched for Volusia and Seminole counties, but didn't consider Brevard though I'm not that far away.

It's been a long time since I've been to a 300 yd range. That would be a lot of fun.................
0 x

DAVIDF
Cowhand
United States of America

Postby DAVIDF » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:17 am

Henry88 wrote:
DAVIDF wrote:

Thanks Dave, I didn't know about that range.

I guess I have searched for Volusia and Seminole counties, but didn't consider Brevard though I'm not that far away.

It's been a long time since I've been to a 300 yd range. That would be a lot of fun.................

If you want to join me some time, PM me and I will give you my phone number. Most of the ranges are closed to the public but if you are with me, we can use all of them. First Saturday of each month and on Wednesday they are open all day and all of the ranges are open. A lot of time I can get an entire pistol/pistol caliber carbine range to myself if I go later or early.
0 x
Made by Henry, Or Not Made At All

Mr Bill
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Postby Mr Bill » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:13 pm

We pay about $160 plus NRA membership, a rebate of $10 per hr. (up to 8 hrs.) if you put in time.
We have a 25yd indoor range for pistols and .22 rifle. No shoguns or blackpowder firearms indoors.
Trap and sporting clays. 25yd., 50yd., 100yd., 200 yd. outdoor ranges w/shooting area under cover.
25yd. informal plinking range. 50yd airgun range. 100yd archery range and 3d archery in the woods.
I'm fortunate to belong to such a grand club.
1 x