Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Trail Camera

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Trail Camera

Post by Mags » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:14 pm

rickhem wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:15 am
This would be my sole purpose for getting a cell service camera. I'm rural and secluded enough that if someone came down the driveway when we weren't home, nobody would see anything. Having a cell service unit that gave immediate notification would at least let me know if/when someone was there. I put one of my chip cameras elevated on a tree and facing the house, which worked well, but you only get to see what it has observed when you pull the chip.
We also have a Ring camera. It will catch and give immediate notification of walkers and pull through traffic, but it's not real good at license plate clarity due to distance from the front door. For that I too have to pull the SDcard of the trailcam.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:38 pm

The Browning I have has pretty good night time resolution. This is a GIF created from one of the trailcam videos.

IMG_0185 - Trim_1.gif
IMG_0185 - Trim_1.gif (494.81 KiB) Viewed 933 times
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:08 pm

That would definitely satisfy me for nighttime quality.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:56 pm

after being setup for 2 days I went out and brought our trail camera back into the house .... the good news is, it took 6 pictures .... whatever caused it to take the pictures could not be seen .... sorry, I have no clue how to save them to where I could post'um on the forum .... all settings were left at the original settings .... quality was OK but not as good as some I've seen posted in this thread .... they were also to small .... I've decided to switch it to video record and to place it where it will focus on our driveway .... that should result in much more recording .... next I need to figure out how to adjust the camera settings .... did find out that the solar panel kept the camera built in battery fully charged
1 x

wvhills
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by wvhills » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:32 pm

well i was / am a wildgame cameras user, mostly because of the battery life,,, from fall to mid spring, but it is harder for me to get to the cameras weekly to pull the cards;
I did some digging, Spy Point cameras have a cellular camera BUT also have a free plan of 100 pics per 30 days, repsonse is pretty quick to my phone, the batteries are doing ok,,, installed in oct. one is now at 54% and 1 is at 68% ;
i also have ordered a couple of "cell packs" that you can plug other cameras into thru the usb port...
we'll see, going to try the wildgame with the cell packs. attached are a couple pics dark and daylight..
should prob do a review on them and their cell packs..
spypoint  dark.png
spypoint dark.png (218.94 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Attachments
spypoint  sunny.png
spypoint sunny.png (458.91 KiB) Viewed 852 times
0 x
"you don't quit playing because you grow old;
you grow old because you quit playing"

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:16 pm

UPDATE :

well, I'm happy to say, I'm on my way to figuring out how to use the trail camera .... its been slow because of my shortcomings, nothing negative with the camera itself .... basically, it took me a while to correlate the functions with the terminology .... we now have pictures that prove we do have deer moving through the woods behind our house .... we have 3 for sure (all does or at least none with visible antlers) .... sorry, no clue yet as to how to get the pictures out of the camera and into my computer where I can then post them .... the sound is good, in fact, better than I expected .... I'm still adjusting the settings trying to improve the picture quality .... so far this has been a slow process because there have been more nights that no pictures have been taken that there are that they have ..... in addition, my knowledge of what settings it takes to make the best pictures is very limited .....
1 x