Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My first outing this year - Pier Fishing

Freshwater saltwater Lakes, Ponds, Rivers, Streams talk about the ones that got away. Show us the ones that didn't.
Blackdog
Cowhand
United States of America

My first outing this year - Pier Fishing

Post by Blackdog » Sun May 05, 2019 10:34 am

No photos. When I go fishing I leave all that "stuff": behind.
The closest pier is just abut a half mile long - I have red cart from Academy - drag all my 'stuff" out - no cart, you forget it, you don't get to have it that day!

Two Rods, one with 8lb mono, one with 15lb braid - and If I get ambitions one level wind with 50lb braid. A cooler with two tall-boy Coors Lights and water. A towel to get the "fish" off beer drinking hand. A folding chair, knife, hook pullers and bait (90% soft plastic).

The pier is a half mile long to the T-Head. The T-Head is usually full of on-lookers, kids, and guys trying to fish with things that remind me a DaVinchy sketch.

We have a lot of Bonnet Head Sharks (Tourist "Hammer Heads"), almost as many blacktip sharks, jacks and tarpon when the time is right. There is a huge group of "other" fish - that is what most of us catch. Ever so often a 15lb jack will ambush a white plastic and the the fight is on.

I didn't catch anything worth bragging abut - did catch a tiny buzz from the two tall boys, enjoyed being out in the ocean and all the fresh air. "Going fishing" is not the same as "fishing" but I have fun either way.

M
3 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: My first outing this year - Pier Fishing

Post by JEBar » Sun May 05, 2019 10:44 am

thanks for invoking memories from long ago when some friends and I would drive several hours to the NC coast and spend the night pier fishing .... we had nights when we caught little, if anything, but we never had a night that we didn't enjoy ....
0 x