Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Prepping for the Season

Freshwater saltwater Lakes, Ponds, Rivers, Streams talk about the ones that got away. Show us the ones that didn't.
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Prepping for the Season

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:31 pm

We have the Rack and Roll Trailer for the kayaks... it's a great trailer. Note the lack of a cross axle, great for both ground clearance for running across fields and pastures and fording creeks and for airflow under the truck and trailer for excellent gas mileage. We got out this morning and prepped the trailer for the upcoming season. This entails a few things.

Pull the wheels:
Check the tires.. .air pressure, insuring NO cracks or evidence of dry rot. Good tread. (Check.)
Grease the cross bolts that the the tire's sealed bearings ride on.. ease of removal if there is a flat. (Check)

Pull the shocks, this entails pulling a cross pin and removing a nut and washer stack.
Lube the cross pin and the bolt the shocks ride on. (Done and done)

This trailer has motorcycle shocks and swing arm suspension.

While we had the trailer out with the kayaks, we checked them to make sure mice had not nested over the winter and the seats and other fittings were golden. (Check) No critters and the fixtures were good.

Checked all the rods and gear for a proposed trip to the water tomorrow. If the weather holds, we plan to fish.
:D
Rack and Roll yakima.jpg
Rack and Roll yakima.jpg (283.62 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
The trailer uses round Yakima Cross bars so it can use any of the yakima racks. Kayak, bike, whatever. Currently we have pool noodles on the cross bars, with cordura covers miss Tina made. They work for all the various kayaks and don't have to be readjusted when we change boats. :D Note the fully rigged kayak, ready to fish... ;) We take these kayaks to demo days and show them to folks who wonder just how much fishing you can do from a kayak. We had fish finders on our yaks and then decided we knew the waters well enough we didn't need them anymore, but you can have electronics on these "tupperware" boats. 8-)
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Prepping for the Season

Post by markiver54 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Very nice! Glad everything checked out A-ok. Looks like great fun in a beautiful place! :)
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:17 pm

markiver54 wrote:Very nice! Glad everything checked out A-ok. Looks like great fun in a beautiful place! :)
Nah, that's one of my old pics from several years ago. My new Frontier is Lava Red.. I just wanted to show the trailer... The suspension and such. We did the preventative maintenance on the carport in front of my workshop where the tools and the air compressor were handy. :)
Hopefully we will be at that fishing hole tomorrow. 8-)
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:28 pm

We're counting on you and Miss Tina to keep us well supplied with your great fishing stories. Keep 'em coming.
2 x