Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Fishing and Black Angus Cattle... Seriously

Freshwater saltwater Lakes, Ponds, Rivers, Streams talk about the ones that got away. Show us the ones that didn't.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Fishing and Black Angus Cattle... Seriously

Post by Mags » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:00 pm

The quarters thing stumped me for a moment. Then it hit me that I haven't seen a coin operated self serve car wash around here in long time. They're gone.
ESquared wrote:Great pics and even better stories, thank you for sharing. One of the morals to the story is never leave to go farm fishing without a roll of quarters!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:39 pm

In the spring and fall, you have to ford a stream to get to the second pond. It's covered in duck weed... Read that as green slime. No fly fishing that puppy. Baitcaster and Ribbit Bullfrogs retrieved slow across the top... :shock: ... The topwater explosion of a monster bass is like crack. :D The water seems to bulge under the frog, then there is that sound, known to fishermen everywhere. ;)

Drop the rod tip and let the bass take the frog and turn to run. Count. 1001, 1002, 1003... Bassmaster hookset. :P You are on. Those big'uns will pull the kayak around the pond. 8-)
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:48 pm

Is sounding better and better Jim!! don't forget, I'm not too far away. :D
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry