Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

rant

Freshwater saltwater Lakes, Ponds, Rivers, Streams talk about the ones that got away. Show us the ones that didn't.
The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

rant

Post by The Wiz » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:16 pm

I fish from the bank at different lakes and ponds and I am sick and tired of the crap that I find on the shores. From fishing line, tackle, empty worm containers, bottles and food wrappers. I have found discarded clothing, shoes, etc. As a Boy Scout, I was always taught to leave your area cleaner than you found it. Apparently, that is not taught at majority of house holds anymore. I am always picking up crap but it does not make any dent in what I see. Any what drives me absolutely bonkers is there are trash cans all over the freaking place! Today took the cake. Two teen boys fishing with father and when they moved on, food wrappers , plastic bottles littered the place. How are the boys going to learn if the dad is head pig. Ok, I am done. I feel better.
1 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Re: rant

Post by Shakey Jake » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:46 pm

Don't blame you on your rant. Some people just don't have any manners or common sense (otherwise know as idiots).
Jake
0 x

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: rant

Post by Lyman » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:53 pm

I hear you loud and clear! I work at a Military base. I am in charge of a staging area for equipment. I am not above policing the area and picking up trash.
What is wrong with people nowadays? I too was a Scout and was taught at a young age to pickup after myself and others as need be. It's just common sense.
0 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.