Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Maiden Voyage

Freshwater saltwater Lakes, Ponds, Rivers, Streams talk about the ones that got away. Show us the ones that didn't.
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Maiden Voyage

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Miss Tina and I put our Ride 115s up for sale a couple weeks ago, at a VERY fair price. We always set a fair price, so we can share the kayak fishing experience with others. The kayaks were about three and half years old, but had been rarely used due to the unusually bad "health" luck we have had the last couple years. I think we have had them out maybe four or five times over the time we have owned them. They looked brand new. They were advertised for about an hour before we got a hit.. and the lady said if there were "as advertised" she would probably take both. Arrangements were made to meet the next afternoon at the post office in the adjacent county.

After looking over the two kayaks with her daughter, (who had some kayak experience,) her husband showed up. They took both yaks. We were asked why we were selling and I was honest. We were buying a new kayak coming out on the market that would be a bit slower, but better suited to my physical needs. Two weeks later the kayaks came in we had ordered and ... it rained for a week straight. New yaks sitting on the trailer... but rain, and more rain.

We were finally able to get out and try the kayaks yesterday. :D
They were everything we had hoped. The higher seating position and extremely comfortable seat allowed me to paddle for nearly three hours pain free. (Well, no more pain than normal. In the old kayak, I would have been in extreme pain after about an hour and had to leave the water.) I was able to enter and exit the kayak without help.

The fishing was not good. I did manage to catch one bass on the fly, nothing was hitting the baitcaster. I also caught a turtle, a big slider, on the spinning rod. :twisted: Those are always an interesting release. It was nice to get out of the house, back on the water, and to fish again. Finally. The new kayaks are great, and I hope that they will see a lot of use.

Bonefide SS127s, orange for me, gray for Miss Tina.
http://www.bonafidekayaks.com/ss127-sit ... ing-kayak/

The kayaks are extremely stable. Storage is great. That front hatch opens both directions.

The pod in front of the paddler is designed to work as an electronics pod if you want to install a fishfinder, or as a dry pod if you don't. I kept my wallet, keys, phone and a few other things in there with room to spare.

The junk drawer under the seat held all the necessary items close at hand and with the high seated position I could actually reach the things in the tank well. I will like this kayak. :)
5 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Maiden Voyage

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:59 pm

We will get some pics next time we are out... I know, I know. No pics, it didn't happen.
0 x

Bugs
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bugs » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:01 am

Looks nice enjoy.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:30 am

"No pics, it didn't happen." --->Even w/o pics, I'd bet it's highly possible the outing took place! ;)
I've posted some Range Reports without pics...so it's okay! :)

The best part is that you'll enjoy this kayak, with less discomfort, too.
Glad you and Miss Tina have them now. Take care, Marine.
PT7
BrokenolMarine wrote:
We were finally able to get out and try the kayaks yesterday. :D
They were everything we had hoped. The higher seating position and extremely comfortable seat allowed me to paddle for nearly three hours pain free. Well, no more pain than normal.
……. The new kayaks are great, and I hope that they will see a lot of use.

I will like this kayak. :)
0 x

~Пока~

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:14 pm

I would have thought they cost more than $1600.............
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:25 pm

I understand that they are a great brand of kayak. Congratulations and I hope you get to use it more.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:07 am

Those look cool Marine. But I would want lime green and I see they dont have one. But Orange isnt bad either
'
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:23 am

BigAl52 wrote:Those look cool Marine. But I would want lime green and I see they dont have one. But Orange isnt bad either
'
It's a new company, and I imagine they will add new colors as they expand the line. They are selling well. :D. Tina wanted electric neon pink... she normally doesn't go for girly pink things but thought it would be cool to have a bright pink kayak... just because. Who would ever steal it. :lol:
0 x

Bugs
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bugs » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:11 am

Actually the bright colors show up better on the water so boaters etc. can see you; especially on salt water bodies. Better to be seen than hit.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Tina and I found that while the kayaks disappear in the swells if there is any amount of size. However, bright colored pfds,(vests), shirts/jackets, or flags... make you much more visible. In low light the pole mounted lights work great. :lol:

But... those bright boats really pop when you haul them on the trailer... or are on a lake, river, or pond. ;)
0 x