Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Went Fishing...

Freshwater saltwater Lakes, Ponds, Rivers, Streams talk about the ones that got away. Show us the ones that didn't.
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Went Fishing...

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon May 15, 2017 8:45 am

... for the first time in nearly nine months yesterday. :D

I had been having a few issues last summer that kept miss Tina and I off the water, the I fell and broke my femur in September. Nasty break, long surgery, month in the hospital... five in therapy. Yesterday was mother's day and we both love kayak fishing so.... 8-)

We loaded up and headed to the lake. I spent more than three hours in the kayak, throwing one of my 5 weight fly rods, exploring the coves of a small lake we have fished for more than twenty years. It was great to be in the kayak again, out paddling, and I didn't do too bad... two small bass and a half dozen modest bream... I also hooked something unseen that gave the five weight rod a scare! :lol:

A great day, can't wait to get back out, but I will need to rest a couple days. Miss T helped me in and out of the kayak... the knees are not all the way back yet. Sitting makes them stiffen. But it was worth it.
3 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Re: Went Fishing...

Post by clovishound » Mon May 15, 2017 9:48 am

Great to hear you are back on the water.

The bass in your area must be shaking in their boots.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Went Fishing...

Post by Henry88 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Love to fish small water with a small boat.

Sometimes it seems more like hunting than fishing.....................
0 x