Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Tina's Flies

Freshwater saltwater Lakes, Ponds, Rivers, Streams talk about the ones that got away. Show us the ones that didn't.
tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Tina's Flies

Post by tx gunrunner » Wed May 03, 2017 11:58 am

I when lived in Az 1993 and I was fishing in a very small pond [ 25 X 50 yds ] using a #6 weight fly rod casting a Black Ant and was fishing for Blue gills when a 10 lbs Channel Cat nailed the ant .. I took me almost 3/4 of a hour to get him in and on the bank . We took a few pics , the ant was so small you could not see it in the pic on his lip and yes we put him back . There must been 100 fisherman around that pond everyday for the next 2 month and no one ever fished there before .
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu May 04, 2017 8:11 am

The farm ponds are located in the middle of a large black angus cattle farm, and T has known the owners since she was a little girl known to everyone as "bug." Lol. This pond used to contain monster bass... but the non-resident owner hired a new resident farm manager about six or seven years ago. The manager is allowed to live on the back of the farm in a small two bedroom house. Cisco, his wife and two kids moved in. In less than a month, he had moved in his teenaged sister, ten year old brother, mom, dad, and grandparents.

When we fished the farm ponds, it was catch, photo, and release. They had a large family to feed, so they ate everything they pulled from the pond. Including the monster bass that were making lots of baby bass. The owner would visit several times a year to check on the Angus breeding program... staying in the Big house. When he fished the pond and didn't get a single bite, he wasn't happy. Cisco was banned from fishing the ponds.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

JNG3
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by JNG3 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Fantastic work. Thanks for sharing!
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri May 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Happy to report we fished the farm pond last Sunday. I was able to boat a half dozen bass, the largest two were 16 and 20 inches. I also put a half dozen crappie in the kayak, but they were just palm sized. We will have to head back over with the cameras... no pics this time... sorry.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.