Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Snakeheads

Freshwater saltwater Lakes, Ponds, Rivers, Streams talk about the ones that got away. Show us the ones that didn't.
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Snakeheads

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:40 am

After my degenerating military disabilities caused me to leave patrol operations, I took a support position in Fish and Game in the Enforcement side. I was there about fifteen months before moving to support at our State Police HQ. During my time at F&G we took reports on each snakehead caught in VA waters as required by law. This is no longer required. You are only required to kill any snakehead you plan to keep, and may now release live snakeheads if you.so desire. Possesion of live snakeheads is prohibited.

However... I understand that fishing for them is a blast and members of our kayak fishing group have made numerous trips to the potomac tributaries to target this aggressive species. The hit topwater frogs sith a vengeance and fight like a title is on the line. I am looking forward to a chance to go myself, once I recover from an accident last September that shattered my right femur. I'm hoping I'm well enough to fish by summer. We have signed up for a charity kayak tournament in late May, and I'd like to fish... rather than watch.

Anyone had a shot at snakeheads? They have become a popular gamefish in FL as well I understand.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Snakeheads

Post by Henry88 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:41 am

Great, another crazy anti-social reptile with fangs.

Just what we need here in Florida :D

I'm gonna move some place where they don't have dangerous creatures like this..........someplace like Australia maybe :lol:
0 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:35 am

Henry88 wrote:I'm gonna move some place where they don't have dangerous creatures like this..........someplace like Australia maybe :lol:
Even the grass in Australia will bite ya. ;) :lol:
0 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:05 am

Them snakeheads are some ugly creatures.
0 x