Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Range target project....

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Range target project....

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:06 am

JEBar wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:30 am
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:17 pm
Keep the plates painted, don't let morons on the range with high powered rifles shoot at the plates and they last years.
where would you draw the line .. :?: .. what calibers and at what distance .. :?: ..
Personally, I don't allow shooting at MY plates with rifles (other than .22s,) nor high powered pistols. (Those exotics like 50 or other super hunters.) We shoot 22s thru 45s no closer than fifteen yards. I have a large collection of steel, including swinging and poppers. None rated for rifles. I may ADD some rated for rifle at a later date.

My mentor runs a major range here in the metro area. A few years ago, he spent a month setting up a new falling plate range, in preparation for an up coming major match. (And for use by the members.) A large sign at the entrance said, "Handguns Only."

First weekend following the completion, someone came out, drove down on the range, and shot up all three plate racks with .223 rounds, ruining all three racks. Luckily, the ranges have security cams... They were caught. ;) They saw nothing wrong with shooting eighteen plates full of holes. :cry: They didn't like the bill the club presented them.
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.