Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Ringing in the New Year with Steel

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Ringing in the New Year with Steel

Post by Rifletom » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:58 pm

The desert is a great place to shoot, it's where we normally go, but today, went to a closer range in the mountains. I'll start a new thread on that here.
Great story and pics r&g.
1 x

runnin n gunnin
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Ringing in the New Year with Steel

Post by runnin n gunnin » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:07 pm

Well, had to return my grandson to his owners today. We had a great two weeks, really enjoyed working with his shooting skills.

Yesterday we went out and set up our range without targets. I put he steel at 50 yards and told him it was a fun shoot day. He was letting freedom ring with both his Henry 22 and the old Remington bolt action 22.

When done he asked if he could shoot his Ruger Wrangler 22. I asked if he thought he could hit the steel at 50 yards, with youthful exuberance he said "I think I can Grandpa"

Well, Ill be a monkeys uncle, but he walked the first six rounds towards the steel, reload, shot seven, miss, shot eight HIT, shot nine HIT ! ! !

He was shooting his Wrangler for the third time, never shot a pistol before, and was hitting the steel about 2 or 3 rounds out of six with a Wrangler 22, not the most precision firearm !!

Gotta say, must have been the outstanding coaching. I'm sure it had nothing to do with youthful steady hands and crisp eyesight, (and yes,he was using a Caldwell Stable Table and a shooting rest)

Great day to round out the holidays and sent him home boasting "I let Freedom Ring with my Wrangler" !

Yes, the enumerations of a very proud grandfather.
2 x
I stand for the flag, and kneel for my fallen brothers.