Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Great day at the range

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Great day at the range

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:09 pm

Was going to go hunting today but my friend called and wanted to go shoot. So I got my rifles and everything loaded up and went to meet him at the range. I beat him there and had every thing set up when he got there. We were mostly going to shoot the KYL spinner targets. I took my pair of CZ Grand Finale's and my old '65 Model 512 Remington that has never been to the shooting range since I bought it years several back. I put a target the same distance of 50 yds. to check zero on each gun before shooting the spinners and also with changing to different ammo brands. One GF has a straight 6X Burris still on it from when I bought it last Dec. The last one I recently bought has the 4-12 Leupold AO on it. The little old Remington 512X has straight 4X Leupold on it. The smaller spinners looked really small through the the 4X Leupold. The 512X really turned out to be the eye opener with how well it did on the spinners. With it's preferred ammo I hit the 1/4" spinner more times than I missed it. The first six were not a problem it was the 1/2 and 1/4" that required some extra time to make sure you were on them well with the cross hairs at that distance starts to cover more of the target. Both GF's shot very well with most ammo that I had tested earlier times at the range and a lot of the new stuff was as good as the others with a few new brands being a little better. I ended up shooting 7 boxes of ammo plus quite a few hand fulls of bulk stuff while there. Probably around 10 boxes total for me. My friend had emptied 9 full boxes plus some partial boxes he didn't want to take home. A picture of our kind of primitive range. The spinner target and the paper target at 50 yds.
The 512X Remington ready to shoot from the shelf I stand up and shoot from.

My number one CZ the first one I bought ready for its turn at the spinners.
The three rifles I took out to the range today. The old Remington on the left is a sweet rifle to own even with its hard trigger.

The other side of the nice figured wood on the Remington.

1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Great day at the range

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:03 am

What a lovely place to shoot! Where's the snow? :)

Our outdoor shooting season is now in winter mode, meaning trips to the range will be few and short in duration. Below zero, last night and we do have snow on the ground. Keep shooting for us, though.
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:38 pm

There's good looking wood!
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Bandit ranges like that are my favorite. Little traffic and in the woods. Nice guns a good friend and half empty 2 litre how come it isnt shot yet
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55