Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

One Eye or Two?

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Re: One Eye or Two?

Post by clovishound » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:47 am

Well, just because it is/was taught by the military does not mean it is superior. I was taught to use the cup and saucer grip. They used to teach shooting pistols one handed. (That was before my time.) Many things were supplanted, and who knows what is taught now that will be changed down the road. Also keep in mind that they have to get everyone up to a certain level of competence. Sometimes there are better techniques that not everyone can use, and some require too much time and practice to be practical for teaching large numbers of new recruits.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:57 am

One eye closed. If it's good enough for Popeye the Sailor it's good enough for me.
4 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:19 am

Mark, I understand your question regarding one eye/both eyes open. I'm left eye dominate, but, right handed in everything else. Had to learn to shoot left handed, one eye open, especially using a scope. It's another reason why my binoculars are basically useless, as I only use the left barrel. So, yep, I shoot with one eye close. Except for shotguns.
Probably sell a binoc or two and get a Vortex monocular in 8x36. One eye.
ETA: I just put a set of binocs in the Classified's here if there is any interest.
2 x