Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Friday at the range

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Friday at the range

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:05 pm

My friend and I hit the range Friday and had it to our selves. No lead sprayer AR guys and no muzzle loader shooters there. I was surprised it was empty of shooters. We had split case of Federal 714 standard velocity ammo we just got from TargetSports. It is like Federal 510 except standard velocity instead of hi-velocity like the 510. TargetSports claims it is loaded to European specs and I believe it is 1080 Velocity. It seems to be very accurate for not being a higher end match type ammo. We didn't have a perfect day but it was fun. No spinner shooting Friday. I shot multiple groups from that ammo with my Grand Finale CZ. Also sighted in the 452 CZ Varmint 17 Mach 2. Here is some targets I cut from the targets that my friend and I shared the same targets that day. Top left was making scope adjustments with the new ammo. Bottom left was another group after adjusting. Top right dialed two clicks right on the Burris HBR scope that is 1/8" clicks at a 100 yds. Final group and shot 12 shots on that one. Then I took two shots to kill a fly at 50 yds. I need to practice more. :lol: The 17 Mach 2 target lower right was seven shots. Might take it for squirrels this week. Should be able to hit one with it. Image
My friend also had a kill with his rifle while we there. He killed one of those big some kind of a sweat bee at 50 yds. on the first shot. He kept his targets after I cut mine off them. That bee made as much splatter as the fly. He was shooting a very accurate CZ 452 American with a 6-24X scope. He likes the high powered scopes. Bad eyes he claims need more power. He is a fantastic shot. He has to bench shoot with a mechanical rest and rear bag. I shoot standing up off a shelf they made wider just for me because of standing to shoot. Front and rear sand bags for me. Don't care for the mechanical rest I bought. Maybe get in another shoot at the range this week.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Friday at the range

Post by Mags » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:08 pm

Nice shooten!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Friday at the range

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:26 pm

That's an amazing 12 shot group with the GF and that Federal ammo. 12 shots and not a single flyer says a ton about the shooter. Nice work.
1 x