Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Shooting rest

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Shooting rest

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:44 pm

I broke down last week and bought a Caldwell shooting rest called The Rock BR. Never used one before but my wife uses one and likes it because hers is not real heavy. Hers is not expensive but it works. The one I just got is 13 lb. but has nice adjustments on it and is steady like the rifle is in a vice. It has a bubble in a glass to level it so the three legs are not making it set crooked. Has an adjustable rifle stop to slide the rifle forward after each shot to the same spot every time. I will modify mine to be able to push my CZ's far out enough that the front rest will be just ahead of the magazine. The targets I posted in my thread earlier today was shot off this rest. I bought this one from my match shooting friend for about half the cost of a new one. He bought a really expensive one recently that he uses in his shooting matches.
This is The Rock BR.
This is my wife's. Much lighter and far less money. Works well for her shooting and easy to handle.
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Shooting rest

Post by JEBar » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Caldwell makes good gear .... haven't seen that rest before, looks solid .... it should serve you well
1 x

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Shooting rest

Post by Ojaileveraction » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:17 pm

I have that one. Great for the price
1 x
Pax at Justitia