Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Ahead of the holiday weekend range crowds!

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Ahead of the holiday weekend range crowds!

Post by PT7 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:23 pm

Since I'm the OP of the "Labor Day and Range Reports" thread in the Lounge, thought I'd better participate!

Decided to get to the range before the Labor Day weekend. I missed the traffic, missed the possibly crowded range, missed the T-storms, but did not miss the targets!! 👍 I took my Ruger MkIV 22/45 and had it put me through my paces. For anyone that has a Mark pistol, you know it's a straight-shooting gun. Most all depends on the shooter.

Weather. Overnight we had some T-storms and almost 2" of rain. By noon at the range, it was dry and cloudy with temp of 71*, light wind, humidity low. Outside the Parma Woods admin building, Old Glory was gently welcoming shooters. After I shot, the sky had just a few high, white clouds and bright sunshine. Drove home with temp still mild at 77* --- just a perfect day to be outdoors.

Lead left at the range. 80 rounds of Browning Perf. Rimfire (BPR) 40gr RN (I had two that did not fire, and one FTF -- surprised that the bullet itself was loose in the brass case); 40 rounds of Armscor 36gr High Velocity HP (again had two rounds that did not fire). Easily cleared up all issues, not biggies at all today.

Stance. I didn't see any Canadian critters like RR experienced at his last range time. Good thing. The ROs don't want you bouncing around to kneeling positions and so on. Just fire over that wood shooting bench. So I shot standing, off hand. If I had seen RR's behemoth, the .22LR bullets wouldn't have even tickled him! :o I was lucky.

Targets. My photos are a tad different today. I hung them on my patio glass door, which definitely provides a different hue to the paper. Two 9" plates, and the B-C 12" target with a 1" red bull. But the POIs all are nice and bright with that sunshine dotting the paper. Here are some photos.

Warm up target @ 7 yards. Shot 40 rounds of BPR ammo.

MkIV Labor Day weekend_3374.JPG
MkIV Labor Day weekend_3374.JPG (162.14 KiB) Viewed 914 times

Farther out target @ 15 yards. Shot 40 rounds again of the BPR.

MkIV Labor Day weekend_3375.JPG
MkIV Labor Day weekend_3375.JPG (187.97 KiB) Viewed 914 times

Last target @ 15 yards. Shot 40 rounds of the Armscor.

MkIV Labor Day weekend_3376.JPG
MkIV Labor Day weekend_3376.JPG (201.46 KiB) Viewed 914 times

Not any labor at all. A relaxed, 8-) range time.
Hope that anyone who gets to their ranges this holiday weekend really has much fun.
Be safe. :D

PT7
2 x

~Пока~

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: Ahead of the holiday weekend range crowds!

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:43 pm

Nice shootin', I like that last target. High % of rounds in the dark green & better yet the black....great job. Way to go.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:40 am

Nice going, PT! 15 yds with a 22LR pistol, off-hand, is not a drill I've ever attempted, and I think it will stay that way! You're showing 'em who's boss, though!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:05 am

Nice PT, good planning and shooting. Looks like a ' hole ' lot of fun!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry