Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My Saturday night, get dressed up, Colt 45

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: My Saturday night, get dressed up, Colt 45

Post by dddrees » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:16 am

Thanks for sharing and it's a looker for sure. SA is just so much fun. That and it keeps it a bit slower so it not only makes me concentrate a bit more it also extends the fun a bit. I don't care how many I already have and the fact I already have more than a few in 22, 357, and 45 I still can't help thinking I still need another.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:10 am

Thanks, guys. Yup, I think everyone needs a fancy, get out there a show off a bit type of sidearm, be it an auto or revolver. Not necessarily the most practical gun for everyday use, but nice to have when you feel the urge to go a little fancy.

As for recoil, well, always such a subjective thing. For me, shooting an 1873 Colt with standard 45 Colt loads is certainly milder than shooting your typical 44 mag revolver. It's no marshmallow in the recoil department - you know it's a 45 Colt and not a 38 Special - but it's not as sharp and snappy as, say, a 357 in the same gun. I know, because I have both a 357 and a 45 Colt in an 1873 Uberti Colt clone, now. Bottom line is that I prefer the 45 Colt to the 357 as far as recoil, assuming standard loads in each. With cowboy loads, of course, recoil in the 45 Colt ceases to be an issue.

One thing I like about these Uberti 45 Colts is that I'm getting good accuracy and no leading. Tells me Uberti knows how to make a good 45 Colt six gun.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Confirmed and Comply.
Uberti knows how to make a good 45 Colt six gun.
;)
0 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:34 pm

Same on all points with mine, too. I haven't yet filed the front sight. I put a laser bore sight in it and it looks like I would have to almost totally file the front sight off. As is I use a high 12o'clock hold.
North Country Gal wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:10 pm
Really love my Taylor/Uberti RanchHand 45 Colt. Looks good, shoots great. Just needed the usual front sight trimming to get the elevation where I wanted it (standard procedure on an SA with fixed sights). By no means an ugly gun, either.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234