Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

10/22 getting better

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

10/22 getting better

Post by bandit1250 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:47 pm

I have been fooling around with the 10/22 Ruger Target model of my wife's. Tried different torque settings on the action screw. Amazing how that can change the accuracy but not always for the better. I took that oversize scope off and put a Leupold fixed 6X on it I had set the parallax for 22 rifle shooting. Looks better and shoots pretty good with it. The scope base had come loose Monday while shooting and I put some blue lock tite on the forward and rear screws and torqued them all but no lock-tite on the center ones. If the center screws loosen the end screws with the lock tite will still hold. Took three shots to get it on and then moved the target out to 35 yds. and shot a spot on the backer and tweaked the adjustments a little to get it in the bull. I then shot 10 shots at each bull with CCI Pistol Match on the right. Then I shot two shots on the backer board and shot ten with RWS Pistol Target. The RWS and the CCI in this rifle group pretty close to the same POA. I also shot both upper tacks out. Both targets were pretty good considering the lousy trigger weight of pull it has. Hope to cure that soon. Target from today.
3 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: 10/22 getting better

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Getting some great accuracy from the 10/22 T, bandit. Yeah, a better trigger would be a plus, but not sure you'd do a lot better than that. Nice shooting.
1 x