Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

MkIV 2245 --- OK Recovery Range Report

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

MkIV 2245 --- OK Recovery Range Report

Post by PT7 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:03 pm

This is my second range report for my new 22/45 pistol. I'm also posting how the Ruger repairs turned out as I discussed those in my mid-June intro of this semi-auto: http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7036

Guess the pistol is no longer new. :roll: First outing I shot 100 rounds, Ruger shot 40 function-test rounds during repairs, and today I let loose of 120 rounds. Here are the ammo brands I tried out today:

Aguila 40gr High Velocity (Eley Prime)
American Eagle 38gr CP-HP
CCI Mini-Mag 40gr CPRN (used to sight-in @ 10 yards)
Federal 40gr CP Solid

All rounds chambered and ejected excellently. With Ruger replacing the magazine latch, all four of my steel 10-round magazines went in and released from the grip quite well. Finally, I don't know what repair was done to the adjustable sight. But it was easy to sight in the pistol, and my eyes like the longer sight radius and front blade configuration.

The range time was fun, especially the one target I'm posting. I shot off hand, one hand only at 7 yards and 10 yards. This last 20 rounds I shot Aguila Eley Prime ammo at close range of 5 yards. The fun I was after was to see how well I could place my POIs using rapid fire. I placed 19/20 in the 8-in plate with 1-inch orange bull. But the results were odd :?: to me. The first magazine was right on. The second magazine shows at least 8 POIs created a good group, but plainly I was off on my elevation from dead-on bull by 1"-3". So it was an interesting rapid-fire exercise! :D

Thanks again to Everybody who helped out when I had the initial gun problems. I think this Ruger is good-to-go for now.
Have a safe 4th of July!

PT7

Quick shootin' fun
Ruger 22-45_3287.JPG
Ruger 22-45_3287.JPG (183.04 KiB) Viewed 543 times
2 x

~Пока~

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: MkIV 2245 --- OK Recovery Range Report

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:58 pm

Good shooting and Ruger is good about fixing issues on their guns.
I have the S&W Victory and it works great after a slight adjustment of the ejector.
1 x