Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

More revolvers

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: More revolvers

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:46 am

Al, I'm on the lookout for one of those, in fact. My standard Blackhawk Convertible 45 with its 4 5/8" barrel is a great revolver and glad it found its way back to me, but I would like something with a longer barrel for target work and the extra weight of the Bisley would be nice, too.
0 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:55 pm

Very nice. I don't have a Bisley but almost anytime I go to the range to fire handguns I almost always fire my Single Six or Single Ten.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:00 pm

Thanks, Dan. What I love about Ruger SAs is that when you get one that shoots, you've got a gun for life, since they are built so rugged. This one definitely shoots.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:24 pm

Mine is the 5.5 inch barrel NCG should I find one I will let you know.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:42 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:00 pm
Thanks, Dan. What I love about Ruger SAs is that when you get one that shoots, you've got a gun for life, since they are built so rugged. This one definitely shoots.
This and their customer support is the reason I keep coming back. I've yet to use their customer support, but I have heard nothing but good things about them.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:41 am

I have used Ruger's CS several times. Wasn't happy that I had to do it on new guns, right out of the box, but they did handle things, well. Have had a better track record with vintage Rugers. I really do think that it was a different company when old Bill was still running the show. That was my big Ruger shooting era, anyway, so kind of sentimental about the old ones.
0 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:36 am

North Country Gal wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:41 am
I have used Ruger's CS several times. Wasn't happy that I had to do it on new guns, right out of the box, but they did handle things, well. Have had a better track record with vintage Rugers. I really do think that it was a different company when old Bill was still running the show. That was my big Ruger shooting era, anyway, so kind of sentimental about the old ones.
I've been fortunate that I have not experienced this with any Ruger guns but I have read that this sort of thing seems to be more prevalent now. I might very well feel a bit differently if I would have had to deal with a number of issues with brand new guins. Nobody likes to buy something new only to have to send it in to get it fixed instead of going out and using it no matter how good the customer service is.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:57 pm

ya, I don't like it either. Too many companies build stuff and have the customer cull out the defects for them.
dddrees wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:36 am
... Nobody likes to buy something new only to have to send it in to get it fixed instead of going out and using it no matter how good the customer service is.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234