Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Mostly revolvers

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Mostly revolvers

Post by dddrees » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:37 am

I found the part of being able to use different barrels and calibers extremely interesting and of course the fact that they are supposedly very accurate.

Before this the one shot I had always been looking at and considering was the Anschutz Exemplar. Unfortunately this isn't being made any longer.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:08 pm

The Exemplar lives on in that Anschutz still makes bolt action target pistols, but they don't have the features that made the Examplar the dominating gun in rimfire silhouette for the four years or so it was made, late in the silhouette game before silhouette declined in popularity with the onset of the action shooting sports in the early 90s or so. Hard gun to find, now, but not that many were made in the first place. Definitely a specialty pistol.

Here's mine and, no, it is NOT for sale. Two stage factory adjustable trigger set at 8 ounces at the factory, but you can safely go lower. Have shot it with a rifle scope, taco style, also with a red dot, but now I shoot it with the superb factory sights. This gun will shoot under half inch at 50 yards, same as our best 22 rifles.

Last edited by North Country Gal on Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:10 pm

VERY nice NCG!!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Old Syko
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Old Syko » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:10 pm

Here's just one of the family but it was my first action. Bought it in April of '82 and I've no idea how many different barrels have been on it. This is a 14" 7TCU that sees regular use. Specialty pistols have always been intriguing to me and I have a few but I just never got into shooting rimfire in them and don't know why. Guess I really shouldn't say that since I do have a Chipmunk Hunter in 22 WMR that the granddaughter tries to wear out and it is a shooter also.
Attachments
IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0108.JPG (174.03 KiB) Viewed 2185 times
0 x
NRA Life Endowment Member

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:14 pm

Nice...looks like Pachmyers on there!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Old Syko
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Old Syko » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:24 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:14 pm
Nice...looks like Pachmyers on there!
Yessir and a Redfield mount. This barrel has spent a lot of time in the woods and they don't get torn up easily. I have assorted wood furniture I actually prefer but I'm too anal about taking care of things.
1 x

Old Syko
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Old Syko » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:31 pm

Just for giggles, heres the 22WMR Chipmonk Hunter I mentioned earlier. If you want something that's inexpensive and shoots like a high dollar gun these fill the bill. The way they're set up they're rather tedious to do any trigger work to but beyond that they work well for cheap.
Attachments
IMG_0109.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG (185.31 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:36 pm

Never seen one quite like that OS. I know some don't like the laminate furniture appearance, however, looks pretty cool on that one! :D
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Old Syko
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Old Syko » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:06 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:36 pm
Never seen one quite like that OS. I know some don't like the laminate furniture appearance, however, looks pretty cool on that one! :D
They've been around a long time and in varying configurations. I've had this one a dozen years or so. Got it from Buds. Believe it or not it handles extremely well shooting it offhand also due to the stock design even though it's actually made to shoot from a rest. https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/sea ... nter&type=
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:07 pm

I've always been tempted by those Chipmunks, given my love for specialty pistols. Good info in case I run into one.

Yeah, the 7 TCU is one of the all time great Contender cartridges. For those of you who don't know, it's a 223 necked up to 7mm. Cheap to shoot, mild to shoot, cheap to make and very effective for knocking down steel or hunting within its range. Always surprised me that the big ammo makers haven't loaded it, commercially.
0 x