Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Russian shooting with new spectacles

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Russian shooting with new spectacles

Post by PT7 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:42 am

JEBar wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:31 am
ESquared wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:02 am
HA! Got it!
got it indeed, thanks for the pictures and comments .... I can't help but wonder if incorporating the trigger spur into the revolver's design wasn't for use in reloading ..... hope you'll bring at least one to the gathering, I'd love to see it in person
Interesting thot, Jim. It could very well have been that way since this top break was used primarily by cavalry. The non-shooting hand could have still held the horse's reins while ejecting brass. Or possibly the top of a leg could have be used as the non-shooting hand functioned to "break open" the revolver.

You'll see the gun in August. I plan to shoot the Russian when we get together. It's my go-to revolver these days.
PT7
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Russian shooting with new spectacles

Post by JEBar » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:53 am

PT7 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:42 am
It could very well have been that way since this top break was used primarily by cavalry. The non-shooting hand could have still held the horse's reins while ejecting brass. Or possibly the top of a leg could have be used as the non-shooting hand functioned to "break open" the revolver.

You'll see the gun in August. I plan to shoot the Russian when we get together. It's my go-to revolver these days.
PT7

since you have learned that being held in the position shown is a key to smooth ejection from the cylinder, it does seem logical
0 x