Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Yesterday's shooting

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Yesterday's shooting

Post by bandit1250 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:38 am

I went to get some of the matches you can strike on any thing and was told they are no longer made. So I just bought the big box of what they sell at Walmart and some cheap paper plates to tape them on. I was shooting my 452 CZ FS with a 2-7 Leupold rim fire scope using Geco ammo it shoots pretty well. The first thing I found out with moving the target from the 24 yd. pellet gun target to the 33 yd. distance was a little more scope power would be nice. Starting at the right the first shot on the first plate was a little more than a bullet high and I clicked it down and moved to the next one left and I had to move it back up half of what I had moved it as it was now low. Back to the right match it took the green end off. Then to the third and fourth to the left and took the green off both. Looking good so far. Then I made up another one to put up at the target board and should have caught my breath a little longer after walking back and blew the first shot and then hit the ends on three. Well then the phone is ringing and I answer it and it was one of my friends and when we done I went back out to see it pouring down rain and very breezy. So the last one didn't get shot at. My third of the day came later after cutting grass and my wife got home from work. We had supper after grass cutting and she made deer tenderloin and potatoes for us for supper. Well it was so good I had to have seconds. Bad move on my part eating and then trying to shoot right away. Third target was a bit of a struggle. Started at the right and needed two shots to take the end off next left was a good hit and barely hit the end of the third. Then trying to hold still and ending up pulling the next shot but hit it on the second try. Don't shoot after eating! Well that was a six shot string to hit four with barely hitting the third left. Not real terrible for a light weight full stock rifle that many folks claim they can't shoot well with all that wood. So what does the decision makers at CZ do? They stop production of all Mannlicher rifles. :shock: That took some real brains to make that decision. :? :x
Target #1
Target #2. The one I didn't finish.
My after supper target.
This type of shooting seems harder than shooting five shot groups at the same target and not have to change the position of the rifle for each shot even though you are not moving it much it still makes a difference especially if not shooting with an adjustable mechanical rest in stead of the home made bags I prefer to use.
2 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: Yesterday's shooting

Post by ESquared » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:55 am

Very nice shootin'! And I agree, it seems like it would be more challenging than traditional "how small can my grouping be?" target work. Looks like you nailed it, though!

Thanks for sharing, really cool idea!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:32 am

Great shooting, bandit. Love the way you can work shooting into your daily routine like that. Not many can, these days.

As for the CZ full stock series, I'm still hopeful that CZ will continue them. In the past, CZ did listen to us when we wanted the tangent sights back, after they dropped them on the 455 series guns with iron sights, so maybe they will listen to us, again, on keeping those full stock model going, at least in the rimfires.
0 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:10 am

A really clever idea, for sure. I gotta copy that soon :) .
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:49 am

Ok Bandit pins now straight pins let us see
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:05 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:49 am
Ok Bandit pins now straight pins let us see
I believe I will need a lot more powerful scope. :) I might try it. Can I cheat and make the pin black? Oh well it's only ammo and I will still be getting trigger time.
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:52 pm

Hey, was that "match" ammo!? 8-)
0 x