Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New pistol -- MkIV 2245 sight in range report

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: New pistol -- MkIV 2245 sight in range report

Post by PT7 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:46 am

Gentlemen,

Per your arm-in-arm suggestions, I sent an inquiry to Ruger Customer Service this morning. They said I should get a response w/in three days. Will post the outcome....

Appreciate your comments.
PT7
ESquared wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:47 pm
Jim's on the right track(s) with what could be going on with the mags. The fact that they're both exhibiting the same "hang up" could be a misaligned part or it could be a wear-in issue.

….I'd call 'em and see what they say.
I'll be they've heard your story already...
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:33 pm
PT,

It may be a rough spot on the bottom of the mag release, or the top of the mag, that will "wear in" with use. Could be something an armorer or Smith could polish out in a couple minutes, or, like my Competition 45s, the lockup just requires the mags to be seated "with authority" which is why I knew what to suggest you look at first. :roll:

You can give Ruger CS a call, they may be aware if it isn't an isolated issue. Years ago, they sent me a part with instructions to swap it, but offered me the option to ship the gun in and have them do it if I didn't feel capable. :D
0 x

~Пока~

Slugnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Slugnut » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Nice shooting, glad you found your "nitch" in pistol shooting. Ruger makes a Great 22cal pistol in the MK line. Thanx for sharing and shoot straight, my friend.
1 x

Bugs
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bugs » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:07 am

Nice. I've been wanting another Ruger .22 for a while. Should have never sold my MKI.
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:12 am

I love the ruger semi autos, and have owned several over the years. Our current is a venerable mk1. Not target quality any longer, but perfect for farm work for Miss T.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:36 am

Bugs wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:07 am
Nice. I've been wanting another Ruger .22 for a while. Should have never sold my MKI.
Agreed about letting the good ones get away. If I had only realized how well these MK series perform, I shouldn't have let the MkIV Standard out the door.
0 x

~Пока~

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:45 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:12 am
I love the ruger semi autos, and have owned several over the years. Our current is a venerable mk1. Not target quality any longer, but perfect for farm work for Miss T.
Marine,

I think this Ruger will be "target quality" a lot longer than I will be "shooter quality." ;) It will fun to strive for improvement, and see if I can "help" the pistol to maintain its performance reputation! Looking forward to more range time.

PT7
0 x

~Пока~

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:27 am

PY, I've literally owned dozens of Ruger Marks over the years. I can honestly tell you that no semi-auto pistol ever made has the durability of a Ruger Mark. The Ruger Marks have set records for round counts without cleaning, for round counts with replacing a few cheap parts and so on. Have bought used Marks that were so filled with crud from lack of cleaning that I was stunned, but they still shot.

Ruger Marks have been used in formal bullseye competition, usually as guns to get a newbie started before moving on to the expensive stuff. All that is required is a trigger job. In other words, 99% of the folks that shoot Ruger Marks will never be as accurate as the gun.

Enjoy.
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:21 am

PT7 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:45 am
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:12 am
Marine,

I think this Ruger will be "target quality" a lot longer than I will be "shooter quality." ;) It will fun to strive for improvement, and see if I can "help" the pistol to maintain its performance reputation! Looking forward to more range time.

PT7
This one was a Gift from a friend of ours. It belonged to the brother in law, and when he passed the wife didn't want to keep it as the memory of her brother, so dear, was too painful. I had taught the Friend his CCW class, guided him and his wife on their gun purchase, and he and I had remained friends all these years. She told him to give the gun to me. The gun had been shot often, and was well and lovingly worn. I could have my "Smith" restore it, but out of respect for the family, I will keep it as is and Tina will use it around the farm.

I am thinking that down the road I may well add the MKIV to my collection as I have been impressed with what I have seen in the guns others have purchased. Nice shooters and easy to break down. :D

ruger 120510 001.JPG
ruger 120510 001.JPG (125.96 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
Last edited by BrokenolMarine on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:25 am

My only other Ruger at this time was also Sold to me by a family friend in return for all I had done over the years. A 1958 Single Six. :o
Beautiful... I was knocked over. I was especially knocked over when the seller named her price, and wouldn't take a penny more, even when I tried to double her price. ;)

Classic Ruger Single Six.jpg
Classic Ruger Single Six.jpg (203.38 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:26 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:21 am
This one was a Gift from a friend of ours. It belonged to the brother in law, and when he passed the wife didn't want to keep it as the memory of her brother, so dear, was too painful. I had taught the Friend his CCW class, guided him and his wife on their gun purchase, and he and I had remained friends all these years. She told him to give the gun to me. The gun had been shot often, and was well and lovingly worn. I could have my "Smith" restore it, but out of respect for the family, I will keep it as is and Tina will use it around the farm.

I am thinking that down the road I may well add the MKIV to my collection as I have been impressed with what I have seen in the guns others have purchased. Nice shooters and easy to break down. :D
Marine,

Very nice-looking Ruger....like the tapered barrel, and especially the grips....sharp total package.
Best is the history and family connection. Like that you're going "to keep it as is."

Yeah, if you do get a Mark IV, you won't regret the ease of take down and re-assembly. My son-in-law owns, I think, three Marks. The first time he shot my Mark IV Standard and I showed him the take down, he had a new Mark IV Hunter in his gun cabinet in less than a week!

Like I already posted, for me the best I'll get with this pistol is not the precision shooting for top accuracy, but just to have a pistol that shoots well, easy to keep up, and fun. I think this one fits the bill for me.

PT7
0 x

~Пока~