Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Yesterdays short shooting session

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Yesterdays short shooting session

Post by bandit1250 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 am

I tried to shoot between the rains and windy conditions yesterday but it was tough to sit there waiting out the conditions we were having here. I tried the splitting of the cards while the wind was down and it was OK after getting things lined up to be straight with my shooting bench. I shot at the 22 yd. pellet gun back stop but where my bench was set it was more like 20-21 yds. and I didn't want to move my car out in the rain. First I shot the Rem.513T with the Redfield peep sights. Very hard to see the edge of the card and took a lot of looking and then looking away to get focused on the card edge. The first shot put a gray streak across the card. Straightened the card back up again and and after trying to get focused on the edge the next shot cut it in half all the way through. Maybe a little lucky. Then I tried the same distance with the Grand Finale CZ with the 6X Burris HBR and it was much easier than peep sights but even with the very fine cross hair it covered the card edge. I took one shot at a spot on the card board backer to see if it was on and it hit exactly on the mark. So then to the cards. I hit two straight with 1 shot each. I need to get some more cards today as I am getting low now. My wife said I never was playing with a full deck any way. :shock: :lol: The picture of the cards. RWS Target ammo for both rifles.
3 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Yesterdays short shooting session

Post by Henry88 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:26 am

Great shooting as always bandit, and love how you're getting creative with new ways to shoot, including switching fingers as necessary LOL.
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:29 am

Excellent shooting, I will have to give that a try.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:11 pm

That looks like fun....
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50