Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

local shooting match

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: local shooting match

Post by bandit1250 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:32 pm

NCG, great shooting at a 100 yds. We have come to expect no less from you with your shooting. I am very familiar with the narrow window you are working in with a clear sight picture. If I struggle keeping a clear picture I stop and look away at some thing distant and then start over again and when it looks good squeeze it off. I was on the back porch this evening shooting my Grand Finale CZ. The wife was watching for the Hummingbirds and I was shooting empty 22 casings with the rim sticking out of card board and hit 12 for 13 shots but only at 33 yds. with the very wet grounds here again. I will post some more pictures soon. Have fun and shoot often.
1 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri May 10, 2019 8:40 pm

Well done. Those are slick targets for sure.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat May 11, 2019 8:15 am

Thanks, guys. The lesson, here, is what a really good set of iron sights can do if you're willing to do the work and learn how to use them. Again, most of our guns wear scopes or red dots, these days, but we still have a LOT of guns that still wear only iron sights and those with the best iron sights will never get scoped. I started shooting with iron sights and only reluctantly started shooting scopes as a necessity for some types of shooting. Hope these old eyes will always let me keep working with iron.
1 x