Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

BBSC post repair range report

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: BBSC post repair range report

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:41 pm

Fun to watch. Thanks for sharing.

I use the PPU stuff quite a bit as my cheap bulk 357 ammo, too. Does great for general target and practice.
1 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:22 pm

And if you handload, it's better than Federal. Seem to be finding this out.
1 x

deano5150
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by deano5150 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:41 pm

Rifletom wrote:And if you handload, it's better than Federal. Seem to be finding this out.
Do you mean the brass is better? I’m saving all my brass in case I decide to reload someday.
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:03 pm

deano, yeah. The brass is better. Those AE factory rounds are some very good ammo. But, I'm finding the Federal brass after 1-2 handloads tends to be stretching more than others for some reason. I'm only thinking its because its "softer" brass.
1 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:39 pm

I shoot my best off hand when I just shoulder the rifle, aim and shoot. No thinking. That critter is coming and there's no time to waste. Those are always my best targets. If I hold, aim, breathe, aim, hold breath, shift weight, aim....it's never as good and that critter ate me.
2 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:51 pm

All that hold aim breathe stuff when one of those grizs is comin at you would get you ate up for sure. RR you need one of those BFR 45-70 pistolas and a cross draw holster for some griz protection.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:48 am

RanchRoper wrote:I shoot my best off hand when I just shoulder the rifle, aim and shoot. No thinking. That critter is coming and there's no time to waste. Those are always my best targets. If I hold, aim, breathe, aim, hold breath, shift weight, aim....it's never as good and that critter ate me.
This is the very heart of the shooting equation. It's really the art of zen applied to shooting a gun. If you'e thinking anything but that sight picture, you're setting yourself up for a miss. Make no mistake, breath control, trigger control, gun hold, stance and so on need to be learned and practiced and consistently applied for each and every shot and practiced to the point of them becoming muscle memory and automatic, but when it comes time to shoot ALL of those must be put out of your mind and 110% of your concentration given to that sight picture, especially that front sight. Then, as RR says, it's time to just shoulder the rifle, aim and shoot. MUCH easier said than done, but, then, shooting really is a mental game.
3 x