Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

First time shooting CZ Grand Finale

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

First time shooting CZ Grand Finale

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:19 pm

Today was the first chance to shoot my CZ GF on a target since I bought it. I bore sighted it by looking through the bore and got very lucky that it was close only being high and slightly left. It was quite cold for enjoyable shooting but it has been bugging me a while to fire this rifle. I tuned the trigger a while back when I was feeling sick and when I tried it before going out to shoot I wasn't quite happy with it so I took it back apart. It was 14 oz. where it was but my other CZ are better so after making a little more adjustments to it I have it a 9 oz. and a very good feel to it now. Passes the bump test just fine every time. My fingers got cold quick and my arthritis in my trigger finger was thumping like a tooth ache. I think my shooting will suffer in the future with this finger getting worse all the time. So I fired two 6 shot groups with two different brands of standard velocity. Norma Tac 22 and CCI Standard. The second group with the Tac 22 I shot a seventh shot because I flubbed up one shot that was out a little. I knew as soon as I squeezed the trigger it wasn't going to be in the other holes. The CCI was next with six shot groups and by then my fingers were numb. I will have to wait until a warmer day to shoot again. I shot off my porch at 40 yds. with portable Caldwell bench. Burris HBR 6X scope.
Target on the right at the bottom was first six shots after a couple fouler shots into the bullet trap. Measures 5/16". The right upper left was after making an adjustment down and was the target I shot the seventh shot because of messing up the one shot. Counting the one out for the 7 shots it was slightly under 1/2".
Image Flash failed to work on this picture.
Left target each has six shots with the CCI. By then my fingers were finished with shooting. Bottom left measures 3/8". Top measures 7/16". The bottom left the first three went into one hole almost in the center of the bull. The next three were about 5 o'clock on the bull.
3 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: First time shooting CZ Grand Finale

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:50 pm

bandit1250 wrote:... I shot off my porch at 40 yds.
Arthritis or not, you can shoot, Bandit! Thanks for the report. And, I sure do envy you, stepping out of your house and shooting! Awesome.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:40 pm

Great looking groups and impressive numbers! Thanks for sharing. CCI Standard Velocity continues to get good results!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:11 am

Glad you could get out to shoot. More than we've been able to do, this winter.

Those are some fine groups. Just what I would expect from a 452 in the hands of an excellent shot.
1 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:22 pm

That looks like a great rifle, bandit .... and some very impressive shooting. I've yet to see a CZ that shoots badly, and yours is definitely no exception.
2 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:59 am

Great shooting, bandit. Sorry to hear about your fingers, but as long as those eyes and brain hang in there, you can shoot the daylights out of pennies.
1 x