Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Taylor's and Company Cattleman 22LR

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
krunchnik
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Taylor's and Company Cattleman 22LR

Post by krunchnik » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:48 pm

Very nice 22 you have there-they sure look good with the brass grip frame and case hardened .
1 x
THE CROW

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:57 am

Checked mine this am and the 12 shot has recessed cylinder as well Stan. Those adult evening beverages distracted me last night.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:03 am

PT7 wrote:If your 12-shot has the same recessed chambers, Al, after shooting it takes a little more to clean them out. They easily collect ammo residue there. My BA derringer had the same on the barrels. Anyway, to clean these well, I regularly use a bunch of q-tips. They do a good job of cleaning those hard-to-get-to spots. With 12 chambers, you'll have double the fun! ;)
PT7
PT
I buy Hoppes #9 in the bigger containers. I have a pint Mason jar I fill full enough that it will cover a cylinder. I use it over and over. I will take the cylinder out and put it in that jar and let her soak most of the time overnight. There is usually minimal scrubbing and the black rings that are on the cylinder faces of the stainless cylinders will usually scrub right off with a nylon bristle gun brush that I get. Lead cloth also removes those black rings. I find this an easier solution to spending alot of time with over and over one hole at a time.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55