Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Russian .45 Colt and Two Triangles

Put your range reports for all brands and types of firearms and other items.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Russian .45 Colt and Two Triangles

Post by PT7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:00 am

fortyshooter wrote:Yep....I had one too but sold it and bought an old used Ruger SBH .44 Mag that is an incredible shooter.
I couldn't seem to shoot the Schofield very consistently maybe due to the design of the grip.
At an LGS, I held a Schofield while I was considering getting the Russian. Never held the Russian, but took the chance and got one. Definitely do not regret it.

Yes, it could be the grip design that is part of the challenge to shooting well. The other challenge for me was the weight of the revolver at just over 2.5 lbs. With the 6.5" barrel it's very front heavy. The huge difference on the Russian is the trigger spur along with the hump-backed frame. The middle finger of your shooting hand fits perfectly in the spur, and pulls the entire revolver solidly into the palm. The gun doesn't move or waiver until you move it.....solid and steady. Definitely your palm doesn't slide upward toward the hammer, which it tends to do on the Schofield. Compare the photos of our guns.

I think the Russian is an exceptional revolver. My favorite of the three S/A Uberti revolvers I have.

PT7
0 x

~Пока~